“A very nice place, but watch out for the trains in the night!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Litchfield

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Litchfield
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Litchfield
La Verne, California
“A very nice place, but watch out for the trains in the night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a very comfortable, nice place to stay in Litchfield! The staff is very nice and extremely helpful, too. But I was there on a Friday night, and a train passed by four times that night! It is very loud. If you are a light sleeper, you should be aware of this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LitchfieldAmericInn, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Litchfield, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your very nice comments on your stay at the Litchfield AmericInn. Making your stay comfortable and fun is our goal. We hope to see you in the future!

Best regards,

Jenna Beckstrand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the last week in March for 1 night . We were in town for my cousin's funeral. I didn't expect it to be such a pleasant surprise. The lobby is beautifully decorated and you are greeted warmly . This has to be one of the cleanest hotels I have ever seen in my life!! The rooms are spacious and immaculate, we were in a King suite. The night we returned home from the funeral, I found a message on my answering machine from Jenny at this hotel. As I was getting ready for the funeral that morning I had set a bracelet I was going to wear on the sink and forgot to put it on. There cleaning people had found it, and she wanted me to know that they were going to put it in the mail to me!! I asked her how much I needed to send her for the postage at least. She told me they would just send it to me and they were glad to help me out!!! I really wish there were more hotels out there just like this one!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MarysIowa
LitchfieldAmericInn, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Litchfield, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Mary-I am so happy to hear that you had such a GREAT stay with the Litchfield AmericInn. It makes me so proud of the hotel and the staff for making your stay and experience enjoyable. Your kind words mean a lot. Thank you!

Litchfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stay at this location whenever I am in the area. They are friendly, helpful, and the beds are comfortable. I get a good night's sleep every time. The check in is easy every time and I like the express checkout. I stay here with my family whenever I am in the area also. The motel does not have a fitness center but you have access to one very close. The pool is clean and the pool area is also nice. Breakfast is always plentiful and coffee is always available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Rich-Bernita H
LitchfieldAmericInn, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Litchfield, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you, Thank you! All of us here are so happy, that you are able to have a great stay each and every time, whether traveling on business or with your family. Thank you for always choosing to stay with us- we really do appreciate it!
CLARA CITY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had a great family weekend. The front desk was very helpful.
There was always coffee and hot water available in the lobby.
The kids really enjoyed the pool.
The breakfast was hot and plentiful.
Good clean rooms--some of our rooms had a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am more than pleased to hear of your experience with us. It is the positive comments, and guests like yourselves that make our jobs so great! We hope to have your family back soon!
St Paul, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Between the western edge of the twin cities and Wilmer Mn on highway 12, there are very few places to lay your head. In my experience, this is the only place to do so. As others have said here, this hotel is clean, friendly and safe. Nothing to get excited about but also nothing to
complain about either. Good bed and bedding plus clean towels. Who could ask for more on that long boring stretch of road. I do disagree a bit about the breakfast but they serve what the chain always serves but down the frontage road a very short distance there is a place where one can get a real breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some positive feedback on your most recent stay with the AmericInn of Litchfield. We appreciate your time. We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling through the area.
Brainerd, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here December 2012. My boyfriend is in the Guards and based out of the Litchfield armory. We have stayed here many times and we will continue too.

The exciting part about this stay was that our room had a new flatscreen t.v. and all NEW beddind - the kind I love with the extra layer of sheets and a really nice down comforter layer. I loved it! That was the one thing I used to not like about this hotel (the old bedding). Now I love them even more.

As always the continental breakfast was great - especially the belgian waffle machine. The lobby is so comfy and it feels just like home.

Great improvements ! See you next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LitchfieldAmericInn, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Litchfield, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the 5 star review! It is feedback like this that we look forward to receiving and your kind comments will be shared with our entire team. We are very happy to hear that you enjoy our new beds, bedding and flat screen T.V.'s. We appreciate your loyalty as a guest and look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again!

Mankato, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We just stayed here on night while visiting some family in the area. Our experience was much the same as other reviewers. The room was fine, but not at all fancy. No fridge or microwave in room but there was a coffee maker. Breakfast was very good and a nice spread even though the place seemed only half booked for the evening. The kids enjoyed the pool.
We had a no-smoking room on the first floor and when we got back to our rooms after supper with family, our room smelled strongly of smoke. We opened the window and turned on the bathroom fan and that took care of most of it.
No fitness center on the property but you can get a pass to a local gym at the front desk.
Train runs across the street but it wasn't a huge problem for us as the rooms were very quit after we closed the window.
We would stay again if in the area. It appears this is the best optionin town.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are on top floor.