“Hampton Inn Lino Lakes Minnesota”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lino Lakes
Birmingham, Alabama
“Hampton Inn Lino Lakes Minnesota”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Excellent hotel, very clean, good breakfast buffet with many choices, superb housekeeping staff as evidenced by clean well-kept rooms. Service at check-in (after midnight) was friendly, welcoming, and efficient. Service at check-out the next morning was appalling. I am amazed that people can be so rude and yet still keep their jobs! The male check-out clerk who sneered at me and said nothing in response to my asking for a receipt showing I had paid in full marred what could have been a perfect experience at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Scott G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you filling out our survey. It's always nice to here from our guest on what we can improve on. I hope to see you the next time you are in town.
Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
LINCOLN
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The problem with this hotel is short curtains and is way to bright in an east room to sleep in. It is one of the brightest rooms I have stayed in. I did enjoy the fact that there is a bathroom buffer which helps keep out hallway noises.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for responding to our survey. It's alway nice to here from our guest and how we can improve their experience.
staples, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

pool was way to cold! th breakfast was bad eggs wer super watery and apple juice was clea like water with no apple flavor and kids running around a lot making lt of noise could here in our room . I would also see about getting to eys as they only give you one

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It was nice to here from you. Your comments are greatly appreciated and needed to improve our service to our guests.
Hayfield, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. We got a whirlpool suite which was large and wonderful. The location is excellent - near 35W and close to Lino Lakes trail system (I'm a runner, so this was great for me). The complimentary breakfast was well stocked and good. And the bed was super comfortable!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the local running trails. I hope we see you the next time you are in the Twin Cities.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is a very clean and tidy Hampton Inn with quality that I have come to expect from this chain but this recent stay made me question the value they place on me as a customer. Perhaps it is more of a training issue. But first, the value equation is getting more and more difficult to justify. I just made a reservation at a suites property in Montreal (same chain) for the same price they were asking for this property the weekend I was there. This was due to a car show 15 miles away.
Checking in on a Wed. afternoon at around 1:30 I was told that Check-in is at 3:00 and there was no way to tell when the room would be ready. At 2:58 I walked up to the desk because I saw others checking in and they accepted my credit card and gave me two key cards. No "thank you for visiting us" or any kind of welcome for an HHonors guest and no instructions on how to use the internet. I requested it and they handed me a slip of paper with the ID and password without any comment. When we got to the room it was still not ready, the pillows heaped in piles on the beds without cases.
Asking the people at the front desk for a dinner recommendation was also fruitless except for a sheet that listed every restaurant within 10 miles by address but with no map. "I don't really eat out much" was the reply. So train them about one or two places in the area...
On Saturday my room was not made up till after 4:00 and when I called the front desk they simply said that they were full the night before. That's not my problem. They are charging higher rates because of the traffic and should be able to get a crew together to make things work.
I'm not a soft bed person so the pillow top was wasted on me.
So this is a very good property and I recommend staying there but don't expect a lot of help from the front desk. (Breakfast people were great, as usual with these properties)

Room Tip: Elevators are painfully slow so unless you won't be going up and down much you might try floors...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the helpful comments. I always welcome our guest input to help train our staff. I hope to see you in the future.
Nashville, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Hampton has friendly staff, clean rooms and a great breakfast. The warm cookies they bake for you are a welcomed treat after a long day. If you have to be away from home, this is the next best place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm so glad you felt you where at home, we hope that every guest feels that way during their stay with us. I hope to see you in the near future for a cup of coffee and a cookie.
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here while our son attended a hockey camp at Schwan's Super Rink. We were only about 12-13 minutes from the rink so it was convenient.

We had a very large room with two queen beds on the first floor. The room was clean and comfortable. It helps that the rooms have a frig and microwave. Our kids enjoyed the pool area. There is also a fitness room and a game room. The staff was very friendly.

There is a decent size seating area adjacent to the lobby where guests could watch tv (one tv) and have breakfast in the morning. I thought the breakfast was a bit week but it seemed to be the usual fare. Egg dish, waffles, one fruit, yogurt, cereal, pastries, and juices.

One nice thing about this hotel is its proximity to Super Target. About 1 minute away. And there is a Caribou Coffee nearby.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for responding to our survey. It's great to here from our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lino Lakes
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Forest Lake
Best Western Plus White Bear Country Inn
Best Western Plus Blaine at the National Sports Center
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chisago City
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes? Share your experiences!