“Nice enough hotel, but don't expect too much from staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lino Lakes
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I'm not usually one to write a bad review. We were staying here in a large group for a youth hockey tournament. We were invited last minute to this tournament, so we booked late, the hotel wouldn't honor the group rate. By its self, not a big deal, but, my line of thinking is that with this large group of hockey families had filled their hotel, I would think that they would be interested in helping us out a little bit. There were plenty of rooms left, just didn't seem to care.

Next issue, we were given a smoking room which would normally be ok, but the odor was pretty strong, the people before us must have been smoking cigars in the room. Our youngsters asthma acted up pretty bad. We brought it up at the desk, apologized, and asked what could be done, because the room wasn't going to work with the asthma, so I asked if i could pay for a room upgrade. The hotel clerk didn't say a word, she walked away, came back, and handed us a can of febreze. I couldn't even get enough of a conversation to get the room upgraded, so I walked away from the desk, and called the hotel by phone, then I was able to pay another $20 on the rate to upgrade.

Lastly, The last night, we were discussing the extra 45 bucks on the room rate, and we were told that there is a discount advertised right on the website for 20% off for US Hockey Team members. I brought this up to the clerk, in front of several people, she giggled about it and said, "I know its on the website, but we just don't honor that offer"

I after interacting with several staff members, I got a feeling that they just didn't care too much.
So I did some digging, and I found on some other sites, reviews that consistently said similar things, that its a nice place, but if any issues arise, don't count on any interest in the staff to help you out.

with the large number of hotels in the immediate area, I would have to suggest finding a different one. The service issue really turned me off, and i would especially think that might be a little too much of a risk to take with large groups such as ours.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tommyj62983
Barbara W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes, we are grateful for your feedback. I was disappointed to hear that you experienced such poor service while you were here, as we strive for 100% satisfaction. If you would be so kind as to contact me at your earliest convenience, I would appreciate an opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay.

Warmest Regards,

Scott Grell
Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes MN
763-746-7999

Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is another amazing Hampton Inn! We have never been disappointed. We were able to have an early check in since we are silver Hilton Honors members, which was nice since my husband had just had outpatient surgery and needed to rest. The staff was helpful, making sure we had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet, ensuring a good night's rest. Breakfast was very good. I would stay here again and will definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Rooms are very spacious. I did not eat breakfast but grabbed a breakfast bag to go.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is a well-managed Hampton Inn. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished - it is one of the newer Hampton Inns. The free breakfast is especially good, with waffles, another hot dish every morning (French toast, omelets, scrambled eggs), plus cereals, hot oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, juices, coffee & tea. The staff is professional and attentive. We plan to stay here again when in the area visiting relatives.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Rooms are large and come with refridgerator, microwave, coffee maker, Ironing board and iron. Botique hotel feel with walk in shower and extra comfortable bed. I was in the area for business purposes and the sfatf was extra helpful in trying to accomodate my late check out needs. I particularly enjoyed the sound of croaking frogs in the field when pulling into the parking area, and the do it yourself waffles in the breakfast area. I received a business rate which made the experience the best value I've had in years. Will definately reccomend.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in December for two nights and had a great experience. Staff went out of their way to make us comfortable, and really topped off the wonderful time we had here. Beds were comfortable, room was clean, property all together was clean, breakfast was great, and hotel was very quiet.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank L0ve2Travel1988
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Amazing service, amazing breakfast, amazing staff. Gorgeous rooms, beds were super comfortable. Pool and whirlpool area was very relaxing and enjoyable. Room was exceptionally clean, as were the hallways and dining area. Smoking and non smoking rooms. Smoking room we had smelt very good and not like stale smoke. The only two problems I had was completely resolved and my stay was completely refunded, and they let us stay the next day until check out completely free. Unbelievable service. Hampton Inn sets the standard for hotels. It was amazing, beyond anything within several miles that isn't 300 dollars a night.

Room Tip: Choose Hampton Inn, thats the best tip I know of. Sure you may pay 20 dollars more but at least you...