“Above average diner”

Cuisines: American
Minnesota
“Above average diner”
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

It's a decent diner, the food is mostly homemade, the prices are fair. The chili is excellent. However, the kids meals are a bit expensive.

1 Thank Minnesota_Traveler2

MN
“About a third of the meals are inedible at the Home Plate”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I've taken my girls to this restaurant a few times in the last few months. I don't know why I ever went back once, but I guess the quietness, sunny windows, and comfortable (though dated) booths are a draw. It's just too bad the food is so poor. Each time, I have sent something or somethings back-and this from a customer who has sent something back at different restaurants one time in 25 years. I've never been accused of being a fussy eater. But at this place, it's another story. Corn dogs frozen in the middle. Roast beef that tastes like it was bought pre-cooked in bulk, then sat in the fridge for three days. It's not that every meal is bad, but one per visit is too many. Even the edible food is of very cheap quality. If I want school cafeteria food, I can have lunch with my kid up at the elementary school.

• Visited July 2011