“Amazing!”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I come here every summer. They have about 15 fruit wines, none of them have any grapes in them. My husband and I always come home with 2-3 cases of wine from them in order to last use until we come back the following year. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. The prices are about $12-15 a bottle.

Visited July 2014

Bemidji, Minnesota
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Lovely!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I enjoy interesting craft wines, and this is one of best for fruit wines. The chokecherry, white cranberry, and plum are great. The Headwaters Red is not only good for drinking, but fabulous for making Beef Burgundy. There is free tasting here, and a lovely picnic patio to relax on a summer day. great place to make a stop before going on to Bemidji or Itasca! The owners have always been friendly. And we have stopped here many times! The annual art fair in August is really ice, too.

Visited May 2014
Rockwall, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“'Winery' label may mislead if you're looking for Cabernet...”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stopped here once or twice over the past few years, more for a diversion than anything. They have a good reputation for winemaking, but it is for FRUIT WINES. If you like raspberry or rhubarb or other fuit wines, that's fine; but if you want a 'TRUE' wine -- a Cab, Zin, Merlot or something along those lines, you need to look elsewhere.

Truth is, it's hard to find any really good wine, of any type, even the ones made with grapes instead of fruit, in the whole state: the climate -- even with Global Warming -- has not yet reached the point of supporting the more robust and flavorful wine grapes found elsewhere in the US and the world.

That said, and with a reminder that this is fruit wine, NOT grape wine, it may be worth a stop for you.

Visited July 2013
Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Needs better customer service”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The older gentleman behind the counter refused to offer us the kinds of wine we like. He said that he knows better than us, we must follow his educated lead. Having had many wines over my years, I know what **I** like. He doesn't, and his lead was obnoxious. We would have bought more except for him.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Landof10000Lakes
Andover, Minnesota
“nice stop on the way up highway 64”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My friend and I stopped at this winery on our way up to Bemidji for some biking. My husband and I have stopped at many wineries on our travels and this one compared well with those. It was a very cute little winery. Had a very nice gift shop with pottery and jewelry from local artisans. Their wines were fruit wines-the rhubarb wine was made from the rhubarb right there on the property. It was refreshing and a little dry-nice for summer. They gave us tastes of several different ones they had. The man there was informative and courteous. I recommend this stop for anyone who likes wines.

Visited June 2013

Been to Forestedge Winery? Share your experiences!