“Just OK room. Beware of credit card fee!”
Review of Coffee Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lanesboro
Coffee Street Inn
Ranked #16 of 17 Lanesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This place is nothing to write home about. The rooms are clean but feel dated and a bit tired. I was truly disappointed (I am being polite) with the check in when I was told there would be a 4% surcharge for credit card. Nowhere on their website is this mentioned nor during the reservation process. This really turned me off from the start that I had to hand over cash all up front....very unprofessional and not a good start to an otherwise cute little town.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank max2lucy

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed one night over the Memorial Day holiday. We had a wonderful time in this beautiful spot in Lanesboro. We stayed in the Latte room and we loved it. The decor was so pretty and everything matched and was well planned out. They even had coffee for us and shampoo and body wash and it felt just like home. The deck was wonderful and the continental breakfast was no nice. We will be back. The young gal that made our reservation was so sweet and kind.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vinolorlor l
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I wanted to get away for a long weekend. We were looking for a quiet place but wanted to enjoy some winter outdoor activity. We decided on Lanesboro MN because of the small town and great cross country ski trails. Not familiar with the lodging options (no major chain hotels) so we began searching the web. The Coffee Street Inn's site was very informative and attracted us right away. I called and spoke to Hannah that friday night and she was very helpful. We booked their suite for Saturday and Sunday nights.

Upon arriving Hannah was there to greet us. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hot tub was awesome and the overall stay very romantic. The Inn was a short walk to the trail and local restaurants and bars. We enjoyed our stay and are planning to return this summer with family members.

Room Tip: The suite has one to three bedrooms as an option. Great location for three couples to stay with lots...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Coffee Street Inn is one of the less expensive places to stay in Lanesboro and is about 2 blocks off the main street. Our room (Java) was cozy, but we'd have liked a larger table to actually do things on (2 laptops barely fit). The continental breakfast (only served on weekends) consisted of a packaged roll & glass of OJ. Our room had a coffee maker, complete with just enough coffee, filters and creamer for our 2 night stay. While there were cute coffee mugs to use, there weren't any drinking glasses available. The fridge came in handy and the bathroom was huge. Beware the high tub, my boyfriend stubbed his toe getting into it. The patio outside was very nice, we took advantage of the beautiful weather with a bottle of wine and snacks we brought.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy C
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful employee. The room was nice and clean. No frills but we were not looking for anything more than a place to stay in Lanesboro where we planned to go biking on the beautiful bike paths with your 11 and 15 year old boys. The acomodations were just what we needed. Also very quiet and relaxing.
THANKS!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Staff (especially Hannah) was friendly and accommodating. We stayed in Cafe #1, where we had the MOST AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE BED and a nice television. We loved the entire room and didn't want to leave. Bathroom was spacious and nicely decorated. Great location. Just perfect.

Room Tip: Stay in Cafe #1! Really nice, quiet, and great great value!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I wish I could have given Coffee Street Inn a better review because I liked the location and it was comfortable but the owner and information from their website changed my overall view of the place. My family and I booked the suite, which said on the website accommodates 6-8 people in the description (2 queen bedrooms, 1 full bedroom, 1 queen sleeper sofa). Also on the website it states the suite can accommodate an extra 4 people with rollaways but there is an additional cost of $20 per person, per night. We booked the suite for 8 people (my thinking...4 beds, 2 people per bed=8) but when I checked in tried to pay, they said the suite only accommodates 6 people and they charged me the extra $20/person/night for #7 and #8 in our group. The owner explained that it takes an extra 1/2 hour to make up the sofa sleeper so that is considered and additional charge (person), even though the sofa sleeper is listed as PART of the suite, not a separate cost. And again, the suite description said it's for 6-8 people for the nightly cost, which what exactly what we were, a group of 8. I even called 3 times to speak to someone prior to arrival to make sure we had the proper accommodations and cost correct for our budged of 8 people sharing the suite. All the owner did was tell me I was wrong and made excuses for the website discrepancies I read. She also said there was no such thing as rollaways....although I read the info directly from the website. She was not one bit understanding or accommodating to our situation, we all had to come up with the extra money on the spot that she charged us (which was challenging as we budgeted and clarified that budget beforehand). It's a bummer because we liked the hotel but would not stay again due to the owners in-hospitality and misleading information. Again, just know what to expect before you book!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a TV, clarify which do if you want that option.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Adrian W

Been to Coffee Street Inn? Share your experiences!