“The BEST part of having to return to Mayo Clinic!”

Stone Mill Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lanesboro
Romeo, Michigan
“The BEST part of having to return to Mayo Clinic!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have had to travel to Mayo Clinic often from Michigan. Once my health began to improve, I wanted to enjoy my trips to the clinic. I was informed about Lansesboro from my doctor at Mayo when I told him I brought my bike along with me. When he mentioned it was a popular B&B stop, I had no interest in spending the night there. I travel a lot and stay in very nice hotels and value my privacy, so I figured I'd stop in Lanesboro for the bike trails and stay elsewhere at night. I often say everything happens for a reason, and I believe this is one of those times. My appointments got changed at Mayo causing me to leave later in the day, so I could not ride my bike until the next day. I ended up calling the Stone Mill Hotel & Suites just to check availability, and did I ever luck out that they did. This lead me to one of my favorite places I've ever been to. I can not say enough great things about this place and the people who work there. The rooms are adorable, clean (with wonderful soap and lotion provided), and the breakfast was perfect before hitting the trails. Another bonus is that you don't need to drive to get to the trails. They are right there. I went from a person who did not want to stay there, to a person that added on nights until they were full. I have an annual appointment at Mayo this upcoming June, and I can hardly wait to be able to go back and stay at the Stone Mill Hotel & Suites. I will plan my trip so I can stay there on my way to the clinic and on the way home if at all possible. In fact, I have to go back this December, and am going to check availability after writing this review. That speaks volumes of how wonderful this place is due to the fact that I won't be able to take advantage of riding my bike in December, yet I am making every effort to stay there anyways.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Minnesota
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed in the brand new feed mill room, and it was awesome. During the day, it is not very private because you are located literally just off the lobby and there is about 2" of space under your door. You can hear every conversation, so I assume the people milling around (pun intended) can hear yours. But at night, you have the whole building to yourself, so it makes up for the lack of privacy during the day! We loved biking in the area, and the food was pretty good. Nice shopping, too. I would highly recommend the theater a block away. Overall, the accommodations were amazing and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. Slow pace of life, very relaxing!

Room Tip: Choose the feed mill room for a unique experience!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Elma
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had a very enjoyable time at the Stone Mill. We got to meet several people who were also staying there at breakfast. This is a very cozy place. We had a jacuzzi suite which was very private. Excellent staff, very warm and welcoming. We went for our anniversary, no kids!! It is a very quiet, quaint town, not a lot of traffic. We felt very relaxed drinking our morning coffee on the outside porch. We left this weekend feeling refreshed!! Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: We had the Crate Room which was on the bottom floor of the Mill. Very quiet, roomy, jacuzzi suite...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was the second time my girlfriend and I have stayed at Stone Mill, and again it was everything we were expecting. Rooms are very very clean, staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and at home. The themes of the rooms are simply awesome! Can't wait to go back. Also the town of Lanesboro is very unique and interesting. Lots of fun things to do, especially in the summer months. Our favorite is an afternoon tubing down the root river. Very relaxing and provides some amazing scenery.

• Stayed November 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean as a whistle.
Pleasant local staff.
Comfortable bed and futon mattress.
Delicious continental breakfast.
A couple of quirks- no hair dryers in the rooms, 7 remotes for one room.
If you are a light sleeper or are planning on sleeping in, ask for a room/suite upstairs not next to the breakfast/lounge area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New Prague, Minnesota
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Stone Mill Hotel & Suites. The area seemed to be winding down from a busy Fall season and we loved that it was quiet and not busy. Some of the stores and eating establishments were not open in the town but the weather was beautiful and we really enjoyed taking a walk on the nicely paved trails and taking in the wildlife and crisp fall air. As for the Stone Mill Hotel, it was lovely. Our room was perfect for relaxing and enjoying each other's company. I had the opportunity to have a massage by Crystal and it was one of the best massages that I have ever had. I had just completed a 1/2 Marathon the day before and spending a day in Lanesboro and at the Stone Mill Hotel was the BEST way to celebrate. Thank you very much for the wonderful time.

Room Tip: I would probably rent one of the rooms that had a desk and lounging chair(s) next time. We stayed...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Beautifully cared for and well thought out. Suite was very clean. Management was flexible with our specific needs. We stayed in the Boat Room, which has a 2-person jacuzzi next to the bed. Comfortable bed, good service. Massage was great. We definitely plan to return.

Room Tip: We were able to look at many rooms. All seemed great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanesboro
Oakenwald Terrace
Oakenwald Terrace
#1 of 1 in Chatfield
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Spring Valley
White Valley Motel
White Valley Motel
#1 of 1 in Saint Charles

Been to Stone Mill Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!