“Excellent dining”

Old Village Hall
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Lanesboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Excellent dining”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I had wonderful service and terrific food. I enjoyed the summer squash and almond soup, while my wife had red pepper and shrimp. For entrees we had cod, accompanied by barley with wild mushrooms and prosciutto-wrapped chicken. Everything was delicious including the flour less chocolate torte and crème brûlée. The coffee was just ok, and that's about the worst thing I can say, because after everything else, I was hoping for exceptionally good, just to stay consistent. A very fine meal, with very prompt and friendly service!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tdawson48

Minneapolis
“Dinner in Lanesboro”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We just finished a great dinner at the Old Village Hill in Lanesboro. My husband had the NY Strip steak and I had the sea bass. The fish was perfectly done. Slightly crispy on the outside and tender inside. My husband finished with the carrot cake - which the chef brought out for him. Excellent - no raisins - great taste. Our waiter was Jessie - he was just great. A fun dry sense of humor but very professional. Did I mention he made a fantastic Bombay martini! In a small town like Lanesboro - this restaurant is by far the best! Enjoy!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank John123Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Decent - but not as good as other reviews”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This place is quite expensive compared to other options in Lanesboro. The food was decent, the service was good but there was nothing to-die-for, especially after we paid our $75 bill.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank CNLB
Madison, WI
“The prior review "Great Big Taste in a Small Town" said it best.”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Based on positive reviews we visited Old Village Hall and were not disappointed. The restaurant truly is "Great Big Taste in a Small Town." Weather permitting enjoy the outside deck. If sitting indoors ask for a seat that overlooks the street.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank bhofer
Saint Paul, MN
“Great Big Taste in a Small Town”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Even though we have visted Lanesboro in all seasons, this little restaurant/bar never fails to serve up great food, locally sourced, with great sauces and surprisingly sophisticated preparation and presentation. The wine list was impressive, and the value likewise. This little restaurant could beat the pants off its big-city cousins any day of the week, for great food and excellent prices.

Visited March 2014