“Top-notch”

Spud Boy's Diner
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Lanesboro
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our breakfast there last weekend. The ambiance is totally unique. This is a rare chance to step back in time. An earlier reviewer mentioned lack of seasoning on the potatoes. We LOVED them. And how fun to watch them being made from scratch right in front of you! As I told Gordy while I munched, I could not have imagined a place where I would have rather been eating breakfast that morning. $10 for our adventure breakfast for two? A steal!

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Our family tried Spud Boy's Diner after looking for unique restaurants in the area. Lunch was very good. Most items were ala cart but reasonable. The owner was very open to the questions we had about the history of the diner.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Only remaining wood diner on wheels. Looks very authentic and is a special experience. Went there for lunch and enjoyed the Philly Steak.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

A truely unique dining experience. An old railroad diner car is now located just off the main street in Lanesboro. It's owners Gordie & Val are the cook and waitress, both very friendly. The food is not anything terribly unusual (except they don't have white bread), but the coffee is good and if you don't mind sitting at the counter on a stool this is one place you don't want to miss.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a fun place to eat. Great breakfast waffles! A must go to when in Lanesboro. First time eating in a diner car wish there were more of them.