“Great theater experience”

Commonweal Theatre Company
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Lanesboro
More attraction details
Owner description: The Commonweal Theatre is Southeast Minnesota's premier live, professional, rotating repertory theatre. The season of 5 plays, plus an apprentice company production, runs March through December.
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've seen two plays this spring, Pillars and 39 Steps, both top rate.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I saw a matinee of The 39 Steps production in June, 2012. It was a delightful spoof of the 1935 Hitchcock production with many laughs and nonstop action. I am amazed a the local talent and the magnificent professional job displayed by all involved. The Commonweal is small and intimate, a pleasing experience. There are no "bad" seats in the house!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Love to see the same actor/resses in different roles.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I've been to the Commonweal many times over the past 10 years and always enjoy my experience. Of course, some shows are better than others, and "39 Steps" was not one of my favorites I've seen there, but all in all, the show is worth seeing and the theater is absolutely worth supporting. I make it a point to go every time I'm in town.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Saw Alfred Hitchcock's 39 steps. Funny twist, well performed with only 5 actors and small stage. If you want to see talent at it's best without going to New York, see a show at this theatre.