“Best Place to Live”
Review of Root River

Root River
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Lanesboro
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am from Minneapolis and when I discovered the Root River, the Valley, and the Root River Trail, I knew this was where I wanted to retire. Bought a place in Peterson and love it!

1  Thank Gail B

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Definitely worth everything, such a cute town full of history. Peaceful and helped me escape the world for a weekend

Reviewed December 28, 2012

What can one say, this is a stunning bike trail and lovely little B&B towns in between. This is one of my favorite bike trails - if you have not biked this trail, you are really missing out on a lovely experience.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just loved our bike rides on this trail. So scenic, and very flat in most parts. You would have the river on one side, and a corn field on the other. We saw wildlife, too. This is one of the most beautiful bike rides I have ever been on. Please ask a local where to go... it makes it easier to calculate how long you will be biking.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

It was lovely walking down the paved paths near the river, the water was calming and we really enjoyed bird watching.

Been to Root River? Share your experiences!