“A Perennial Favorite”

Riverside on the Root
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Lanesboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Pub, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Overlooking the Root River and right next to the Scenic Bike Trail. Because the ambiance is so great this is a very relaxing atmosphere. Riverside provides a full bar menu specializing in our martini's and house in-fused Vodka for our Bloody Mary's. All of our food is house-made and we offer a very diversified menu. Deep fat fried foods are not an option as we choose to stay on the healthy side. When in season we use fresh vegetables from our gardens and locally that are chemical free or organic. There are vegetarian options and of course if you have special needs diet be sure to talk with us as it is easy to prepare something that may not be on the menu.
Des Moines, Iowa
“A Perennial Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

A creative and innovative menu of dishes consistently good in a very pleasant outdoor setting near the Root River Trail. The deck can be enclosed in bad weather and indoor dining is available. We caught the entertainment on the patio on a nice evening our last visit, which added to the fun. Good solid generous portions of both standby and creative menu items.

Visited August 2014

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great pizza, view, and music. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

The pizza here is good! We had a pizza that was so good! I really enjoy the view from upstairs over the river. We lucked out and their was music playing. I would check their schedule to find when music is playing and go enjoy it.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Go for drinks, the view and the music”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

You go here for the outdoor seating with the nice view, and at the right times the live music. The food is pretty average to average minus. The owners are interested in selling after many successful years in Lanesboro, and I think it kind of shows that they may be tired of the restaurant business.

If you go in with the right expectations to enjoy the view and drinks, you'll have a very enjoyable time.

• Visited August 2014
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Slow slow slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Our family of five ate here for dinner. The music was great and the kids enjoyed seeing the river bridge and water while we ate. It took almost a half an hour to be served our beverages. They were out of hot chocolate and pomegranite juice. This was very dissapointing since my husband and I hoped to have a cocktail before dinner. The waitress basically ignored our table the entire night. We flagged down other waiters for napkins, needed items etc. The kids menu is terrible. My boys who are 8 and 10 ordered the walleye dinner at $22 a pop- perhaps that is the intention of the establishment, but I wasn't about to let them have garlic bread for dinner which was one of the kid's meal options! My daughter had plain noodles which was fine. The food was really good. We will not return because of the service and it is too bad because we loved the live music. (The live music would have been way better with a timely cold cocktail!)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Looking for a spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

I can't review the food or service as I haven't been here. I am writing a review because I was looking for a new experience while traveling and will be in the area. My choice is not to visit here despite the good food reviews. The deciding factor to not visit has been the manager responses to the bad experiences. This manager is very condescending and offers nothing but a vague 'well sorry I guess. In one part the manager appears to blame the college students who work there and takes no responsibility even thou a manager is supposed to lead and train correctly. So this establishment we will pass on.

• Visited August 2014