“Never disappoints”

Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Lanesboro
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been visiting Lanesboro for 13 years in a row now and for the past 10, we have had fabulous meals here. The food is incredible. The pastries are awesome. And the people who run/work here are some of our favorite memories of our visits to Lanesboro.

1  Thank gopackgomaureen

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My group of seven people were looking for a place to grab a quick lunch, we saw this place but didn't even realize they had hot food until one of the waitresses saw us waiting in a very long line for another restaurant and came and told us to go to the Pastry Shoppe. We weren't so sure when we walked in...the decor is not great and there isn't much seating. The owner made room for us to all sit together and we ordered off a chalkboard menu with only a few items to choose from. Our food cam out really fast and to our surprise the food was SUPER GOOD!!!! I had the burger which was juicy, cooked perfectly with melty cheese and a really soft different kind of bun that was fantastic!! I also tried the chicken pita and it was delicious! Everyone in our group enjoyed their food and we would go back again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We appreciated this place being the earliest open as we were looking for breakfast and every other place was closed. Though the day had just started the display case wasn't full in the least, which was strange. I had this roll with sweet cream cheese and apples on top, which tasted a little strange but still good. Service was not the best, though not terrible.

1  Thank winter-is-coming789
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would have given a full five dots, but the service here is crabby. I think maybe they are a little short handed and dealing with too many whiny yuppies on a daily basis, after all it IS Lanesboro. Maybe it's time for a vacation or a career change. I wouldn't wait tables if you held a gun to my head. Anyway, THE FOOD IS GREAT, and the prices are great too. If you don't mind getting your butt chewed for asking questions like "do you have diet pepsi" it's wonderful!

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I had a super breakfast here this week.

There wasn't a printed menu or even anything in the chalkboard during our visit. The waitress told us what our options were.

They have more than just pastries which isn't apparent by their name.

I had the hash browns with everything. It included broccoli, carrots, onion, peppers, ham, bacon and sausage. It was very good and not overly greasy.

Service was friendly and adequate.

I will agree with the other reviewer that said the coffee leaves some to be desired. I usually add plenty of cream to my coffee. This was the first cup I think I could have drunk black with "black" being an exaggeration. I think I could see the bottom of the cup through the weak brew. Coffee lovers should order tea.