“Great family outing with friends”

Holiday Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lakeville
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel is great for families with kids. Awesome center pool and their package offerings with kids eat free at the attached Ruby Red Eye Grill restaurant is unmatched. The food at Ruby's was awesome and the service at both the hotel and restaurant were top notch. You couldn't ask for a cleaner friendly place to stay and hang out with friends and family. Kids swam till they dropped, then were fed good at the restaurant as were we. I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The wife and I wanted a quick getaway for our anniversary since we are very busy this year. The wife found this place and was very affordable. We wanted a Whirlpool but none were available. When we get there we ask and there is one available!! Yes! ... As we walked in the room, everything was great except for the TV. It was attached to the wall and I couldn't hook up the HDMI. Greg (I believe) was one of the managers there and he took off his jacket and got to work. He found some tools and we took the TV down enough to get the cable in..Just this alone makes me feel like we were in a 5 star rating hotel. The bed was awesome, the tub even more so and we even had a fireplace :) BTW the Restaurant was pretty good too

Room Tip: The room we had was excellent.. no issues except too close to the pool so there was alot of traffic...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We recently reserved a block of rooms for our wedding guests to reserve. Working with Danielle was amazing - she is responsive and very helpful with any questions we had. The staff upon check in was polite. My past experiences with other holiday inns hasn't been the best experience, but this was a very nice and clean hotel. In speaking with my guests who did stay, they all enjoyed their stay. Thanks HI for helping make our wedding day complete!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so happy all of your guests who stayed with us enjoyed the hotel and found the staff polite and helpful. We aim to offer every guest the best possible service. I am so glad we were able to provide your guests with a place to stay and congrats on the wedding! I do hope we get a chance to service you again in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I recently got married and used the Holiday Inn and Suites in Lakeville for some of our guests' accommodations. The group sales manager, Danielle, was so incredibly helpful! She answered all of my silly questions and was so informative! When my concerns mounted, Danielle completely put me at ease! We utilized the shuttle service they offered to transport guests to and from the reception and (from what I heard) everything went smoothly. I also had the executive suite for the day of our wedding. This is where my bridesmaids and I got ready - It was absolutely perfect! I highly recommend using this hotel for your wedding guests if you are having your reception in the Lakeville area!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We strive to offer the best accommodations in the area for all guests and we love to help out our wedding guests with shuttles and rooms and anything they might need during their stay with us. I'm glad to hear Danielle was such a great help to you in the planning process of your special day. I am so happy all of your guests enjoyed the hotel and that you and your bridesmaids were able to use a nice large room to get ready in. Thanks again for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at Legends Golf Club in Prior Lake and we utilized the Holiday Inn and Suites in Lakeville for the hotel accommodations. We were very pleased with the communication (essential when planning a wedding) that we had with the hotel staff (especially Danielle) prior to our event as well as during our stay. Our guests were pleased with the rooms and quality of service. We utilized the shuttle service they offered to transport guests and Danielle made the whole process run smoothly and the shuttle driver was excellent and accomodating. If you are holding a reception in the Lakeville area I would definitely recommend using this hotel! There is also a restaurant/bar attached that everyone enjoyed after the reception (open until 1pm) and the next day for brunch!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was pleased to hear that our sales and catering staff were so helpful and accommodating. It sounds like you guys had a great time from top to bottom. I'm so glad we were able to provide that for you. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the best Holiday Inn property that our family has stayed at in the last 2 years. The room, lobby, elevator and hallways were all very clean and well maintained. We stayed in a king suite room that had a small kitchen area. There was a separate living and bedroom area, which was perfect for our 12 year old son. All of the room accommodations and appointments were perfect. We immediately felt comfortable and were able to relax. We travelled from IL for an evening event. There were 2 closets, which was perfect so we didn't have to hang our dress clothes with all of our coats. My son took advantage of the mini-water park. I was especially impressed with the extra staff that attended specifically to the park when the water slide was used. Our room overlooked the pool so we were able to watch our son without leaving the room. There were only a few minor things which kept this from being a 5-star rating. There were not enough trash cans in the room. There were 2 small cans, one in the bathroom and one in the living area. I would have appreciated one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen area. We had to use plastic bags we had for trash that did not fit in the 2 very small receptacles that were provided. I think it was just weird not to have a garbage container in what was otherwise a really great kitchen nook. Also, our room had not been cleaned by 2pm the second day and we needed to get ready for our event. The woman at the front desk was flustered and unhelpful. She called the housekeeping manager, who was very calm, understanding and accommodating. She brought us fresh towels and promised to send someone after 5pm to make sure the room was clean after we returned from our event. If you have options, don't eat at the restaurant that is attached. The food was not tasty and the atmosphere was dark. It would be a fine place if you just want drinks. Both my husband and I thought the bed was very comfortable, but we both hated the pillows. The were extra firm and fluffy. It felt like we were being propped up the whole night we both had sore necks when we woke up. The pull out couch was below average. Compared to the rest of the room, I expected the couch mattress would be at least average. Be aware that I-35 is under construction. Once that is done, travel to the location will be better. There is a nearby Super Target and the largest Walmart I have ever been to!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to get a room near the pool. The sliding doors did a good job limiting the noise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bruinvbmom
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Wow! I am so happy to hear you think of us as the best Holiday Inn property that you've stayed at in the last couple of years. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and offer some feedback. I'm not sure if you guys knew or not but we do offer a selection of either firm or soft pillows in each room, so I apologize if that you found the pillows less than up to your standard. I have also spoken to our housekeeping department about the possibility of adding some larger garbage cans to suites. Thank you for the suggestion. I hope we get a chance to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was here for 2 nights for business. I wish I had my kids with me because the indoor mini water park was amazing. The on-site restaurant was the perfect place for breakfast before meetings and the front desk staff was helpful.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Megan K

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I am so glad you found the restaurant to be a great place for breakfast before your meetings. It also pleases me to hear that our front desk staff was very helpful during your stay. We do strive to offer the best customer service in the business and it sounds like we did a great job of that during your stay with us. Thanks again and I hope you can bring the kids to use our pool sometime in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Quality Inn Lakeville
AmericInn Burnsville
AmericInn Burnsville
#4 of 9 in Burnsville
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!