“Room Location is Very Important!”

Holiday Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lakeville
Florida
“Room Location is Very Important!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This property is stereotypical Holiday Inn with a few interesting twists. The big difference is the indoor covered pool area, very unique. Families can enjoy swimming year round and from the sounds coming from my window folks were having a lot of fun. Rooms surrounding the pool have direct access to this area so if you plan to make use of the pool facilities this is a big bonus. Business travelers would be wise to request a room not facing the pool for two reasons: the noise of the pool users and rooms facing the pool receive no sunlight. The room was average but the beds and water pressure were very good. Cleanliness was good and service was very good. Location is good with easy access to the interstate with several restaurants nearby as well as a Wal-Mart and a movie theatre. The bonus is an attached restaurant that is very good with good service. Work out area is small. I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want access to the pool select a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear TexasNolefan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is pleasing to know that you found our service to be at par with standards and location convenient. It is always hugely motivating to receive positive feedback from valued guests like you. Further, I am glad that the restaurant service you received was good for your needs.

Again, thanks for the candid feedback and see you soon!

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ames, IA
Reviewed June 25, 2013

There are lots of things to like about this hotel. It's clean, fairly new, has nicely-appointed rooms, and a decent indoor waterpark and pool.

But it's got Internet issues right now. And that's potentially a big problem if you're traveling. Normally, Internet login is simple: a web page pops up, you enter a code, you're done. Here, however, in both Chrome and Firefox, instead I had to create an Internet browser exception just to get to the login screen. I've never had to do that anywhere else (and I travel often). That's very uncool, beyond the capabilities of some, and confusing to many. I'm not using a VPN. I don't have firewall or other security software. It's the hotel, not my computer or browsers.

Even if you can figure out how to get connected, however, Internet speeds are anemic. Simple web pages take forever to load. For example, the home page of speedtest.net took nearly 2 minutes to load. Download speed = 0.95 Mbps. Color me unimpressed.

Internet login was a bit easier on my iPad, but the speed issues remained. It shouldn't take 90 seconds for a web page to load. Gmail shouldn't time out before it opens.

If they can get the Internet issues fixed, this is a decent place. I've stayed here before and had no issues. But right now, it's a digital devices dud.

Room Tip: Room 270 is having major Internet issues...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear techleadprof,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the property. However, I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the the unsatisfactory internet connection. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly and we will use your comments to improve our efforts. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rosemount, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I first heard about this hotel I was a little worried how the condition of the rooms would be because of the low price. When we got to the room I was shocked at how great the room looked, there was 2 plasma screen tv's, 2 queen sized beds, one pullout couch, and alot more great things. The second thing I worried about was the pool, which I also discovered was pretty nice. Overall, if you are looking to stay at a nice hotel for a great price, look no further. Did I mention the conveniently located Rubys Redeye Grill attached to the hotel?

Room Tip: I really don't know what the normal rooms are like so I guess I would recommend one of the suite...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice Holiday Inn just south of the Twin Cities on interstate 35. There is a very nice restaurant connected to it and a new Walmart across the interstate for quick pick up of anything needed. I have a very fair negociated that is always honored no matter what time of the year it is. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. There is no continental breakfast offered but there is a McDonald's just up the street.

• Stayed May 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our daughter and son-in-law had their wedding reception at the Holiday Inn & Suites and the staff was very helpful, professional and on top of everything. They made it a very memorable experience. My husband and I stayed one week at the Holiday Inn & Suites during this time and was very pleased with all of the staff and the service. We would definately recomend this Holiday Inn to any one. Also there was a block of rooms reserved for out of town guests and it was a perfect location for out of town guests to get to very easy access. Thanks to everyone at the Holiday Inn!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

If I could rate this place higher I would. We stayed there over the Easter long weekend with 3 other families. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. The woman managing the front desk and the guy who was doing pool duty were fantastic. Even though they were obviously very busy they always took the time to smile and ask if there was anything they could do for us!!!

The rooms were very clean and quiet even with us having pool side rooms.

Access from the freeway was very easy.

I'm pretty sure we already booked again for next year.

Sorry no pictures, but the ones online at their website are exactly as the hotel is.

• Stayed March 2013
New Prague, Minnesota
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice facility. Always clean, pool area is great for the kids. Nice hall for weddings. Had an error with the billing, the front desk took care of it without any concern. Nice location, jump on the hwy and head downtown!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Quality Inn Lakeville
Quality Inn Lakeville
#3 of 4 in Lakeville
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville
Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!