“Always a good experience”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Lakeville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have family living in southern MN and northern of Minneapolis so it is about over an hour drive to meet in the middle. Cracker Barrel is the stop will always make. Good food that you can count on. The kids like eating there also. We all like looking at the store to see what they have. It is a good outing and place to visit on the Porch in the summer.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have long considered the Cracker Barrel to be the "best game in town" when it comes to breakfast. Diners typically receive large orders of freshly prepared food at very reasonable prices. We have never enjoyed the coffee there - we drink only decaff and have found their brew to be weak and watery tasting.

Recently Cracker Barrel has changed their breakfast menu - supposedly to make it "healthier". They have eliminated the delicious corned beef hash and the "Eggs and Meat" specialty, that I loved. I am still able to order a good, custom-made breakfast. (Being gluten-free, I cannot eat pancakes or bread of any sort.) The sausage patties are good, too.
Other than breakfast, I find the food to be relatively mediocre.
Shopping in the country store is somewhat of a perk. They have lots of interesting gift choices, including some attractive clothing.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I love going to the Cracker Barrel by our house. We both always get the exact same thing every time because it is always so good we never want to try anything new! He gets the Old Timers Breakfast and I get the Roast Beef meal with cornbread. This visit the food came out super fast and our waiter was very attentive. We have never had a bad meal there and whenever we have had to wait for a table time goes by fast because of all the stuff to look at in the shop.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Having driven past dozens of Cracker Barrels during Road Trips through 37 States, we finally decided to try one out for Breakfast on route from Minneapolis to Cedar Falls and we are so glad we did; we just wish we had tried one back in 1993 when we first started doing Road Trips in the USA!! The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly and the service was superfast. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection; between us we had grits (not by choice as it came as part of my breakfast but with a bit of honey and sugar they were actually pretty tasty!), Fried Eggs Over Easy and perfectly cooked, Bacon, Biscuits, Hashbrown Casserole – Oh So very, very good, Perfectly Poached Eggs, Pecan Pancakes, French Toast, Baked Apples, Ham and Egg Sandwich, Smoked Sausage, Country Ham, Fresh Biscuits, Orange Juice, Chocolate Milk. The total for all of this was only $40; compare this with my review of the Normandy Grill in Minneapolis! We will definitely be stopping by another Cracker Barrel or two, on our next USA Road Trip and if you happen to live near one, well the chances are it’s probably already on your frequented list!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had dinner here on July 6, 2013, hubby, myself and our adult daughter. Everyone was friendly, the server was friendly and very attentive, and our food was delicious. I had the fried chicken livers, my sides were mac and cheese and baby lima beans. The chicken livers were cooked perfectly, and had lots of flavor. The mac and cheese was rich and creamy and good to the last bite. Those lima beans..I could have made a meal off just those. Just like my mom used to make. Perfectly seasoned with a little bacon, not a hard one in the dish. I was sorry when they were gone. Daughter loved her fried catfish, with hush puppies, mixed vegetables, steak fries and fried okra. Hubby also loved his pulled pork dinner, It was sweet and falling apart tender. The sweet potato was also perfectly done and just melted in your mouth. He loved his fried okra, too. The biscuits were hot, fluffy and oh so good, with or without butter and jelly. We will eat here again when we are in the area, and highly recommend this Cracker Barrel to anyone :-)