“Great BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Wonderful for catered get togethers. Love the Pork

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was very good. We had a mixed platter that gave us a choice of three meats and two sides ($13) It was such generous portions that both my husband and I were stuffed. less than $20 for the two of us. Several types of special BBQ sauces, all good. Beware of the spicy, it will burn your belly. Yummy homemade cornbread. Simple but clean, good family place. Although we tried this by ourselves, we will be back with our family and there was good choices on kids menu too. They also do party time take out and catering and regular to-go of their menu. Great value luch specials too.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

It was a Sunday afternoon about 3:00 pm, the restaurant wasn't busy. We were driving by saw the sign for BBQ, so we tried it. Walked in the place was uniquely designed. We walked up to the cash register where there was a gal standing, no greeting from her so we started the conversation, said this was the first time we have been here how does this work do we sit at a table or do we place order here? She replied here so we asked for a menu which was laying on the counter so we looked it over no addition input from her we started asking her more questions and she really had no clue. The cook was to her back and she didn't even ask that person for help. We understand people/help come and go but when you have new people visiting your restaurant you want knowledgable workers sharing your feature items. NOT THIS DAY! The best part was the food very good flavor and hot. We left the waitress/cashier a cash tip on our table and when the credit card statement came there was an additional charge on it. I called and spoke with whom I thought was the owner/manager and he said he would get it taken care of as of the time I am writing this review over 1 1/2 months later nothing has been done. So word of warning if you are just passing through this area and stop here us ONLY CASH at this restaurant, unless you know another way of getting your money back.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

This place is not much for ambience, but they have good food. On our last visit, my son had the ribs and loved them. You get to choose two sides to go with your main meal. The sides are good - potato salad, cole slaw, corn bread, baked beans, and others. They also have interesting extras like fried dill pickles, fried green beans, and sweet potato fries.

Sandwiches get your choice of one side. I messed up and ordered the Sloppy Chick when I wanted a BBQ chicken sandwich. (I do not eat pork). Read the menu carefully - this sandwich has chicken, turkey and pork. (Chick doesn't stand for chicken - the recipe came from Chick's BBQ in another state). The chicken and sauce were good, but I had to take all the pork out and give it to my son.

They have several different BBQ sauces on the table. I liked sampling them all. Whether you like your sauce hot, sweet, or more standard, you'll find one that you like. If you like BBQ, you'll like Baldy's. If you are not a fan of BBQ, this might not be the place for you - there aren't a lot of other options, although they do have chicken tenders and salads. I'd actually give this place 3 1/2 stars, but that isn't an option, so I bumped up to 4 stars due to other factors, like their support of the community.

The service is ok. The restaurant is one big open room with high ceilings - not much for ambience at all. They do have large screen TV's if you want to stop in and watch a sporting event while you eat.

They offer take out, and we have used that option before. I like that this restaurant is small and local, and gives back to the community. They provided free meals for cancer survivors at last summer's Relay for Life in Lakeville, and help with school fundraising programs.