“Wouldn't Serve / Seat Us”

sawa japan steakhouse sushi
Ranked #32 of 72 Restaurants in Lakeville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2015 via mobile

Attempted to take my little girl out for a father-daughter dinner. The host refused to seat us because we only had 2 people in our party.

Reviewed December 5, 2014

Four of us decided to visit Sawa after receiving a groupon offer. We were not sure what to expect. The setting is very nicely done; there is a backroom for the hibachi and front room that serves kitchen style and sushi meals. Service was prompt, with a smile, and our hibachi experience was fun and ... more importantly, delicious! Thank you, Sawa .... we'll back ... next time we'll try the sushi

1  Thank MinnLizard
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Met 5 friends at Sawa, and had a great time. Food was good, service was great, and the hibachi show was entertaining. Noise level was high, but it is my experience that most Japanese restaurants have this issue. The place was very crowded, but we were seated on time for our reservation. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I like going to Sawa for sushi and sitting at the bar. It is neat to watch the sushi chefs work their magic. The presentations can be quite creative. They have the traditional style as well as the Americanized sushi. Yummy!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Used a Groupon for $30 for $60 for four or more guests. The seating space was awkward as it felt like 4 mini Hibachi grills were stuffed into the back room. We ordered a sushi roll for appetizer and the small dish for soy sauce was dirty, as was the second one they brought. The chef began to cook our food and eventually started serving our fried rice which was an extra $2.50 per person. I realized we had not received our salad or soup that accompanies our hibachi order. When the chef was finished cooking he let us know he was tired. He also noticed that they had not given him enough shrimp to complete our orders. Therefore we had to sit with a plate full if food while he started to cook the shrimp. When I mentioned after the meal that I had not received the soup and salad, rather than discount my order they offered to bag it up for my family of 4! Never again, also the chefs tricks almost caused a trip to the ER as he lost control of his spatula and my 10 yr old ducked as it broke to pieces on the floor beside us. A joke!

Been to sawa japan steakhouse sushi? Share your experiences!