“Mediocre Food with Poor Service”
Review of Casa Nostra Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dodd Blvd. & CR 50
Reviewed April 18, 2012

It began with the waitress trying to refill our drinks before even taking our order. I think she knew something was amiss in the kitchen and was trying to delay us. We waited almost 40 minutes for our food, along with everyone else around us.

When my son got his shrimp linguini, he asked, "that's it?" since the portion was quite small (it was an adult entree). My linguini dish had a random penne noodle and a mushroom which wasn't part of the intended entree. The three is us agreed it was mediocre food. We've definitely had better Italian and won't return.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

My daughter and I both had panninis that were okay but nothing special. Mine was burnt on both sides. I tasted my granddaughter's spaghetti and it was very bland but maybe that's because it was on the kids' menu. The service was prompt. Our waitress was good but the host was pretty unfriendly and curt. Don't think I would go back again. It's too bad because Lakeville could use more good restaurants.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Went there last night and was excited because it was busy which we hoped meant good food. There was an hour wait for a table so sat at the bar. The couple next to us looked disgusted said the service was slow and the food was terrible. Well I expect slow service at a busy restaurant. Took at least 10 min. to get our drinks ordered. No big deal. We ordered pizza and a salad. I also asked for one of my favorite wines he said they don't serve it by the glass. Then a girl came around with samples of it and told me it was $6 a glass. So I told him I wanted a glass which he got for me after another 10 min wait. Then we saw a pizza come out and put behind the bar. We saw our server look at it 3 times and ever other look at it too. I timed it and it sat there for over 7 min. I finally got his attention and asked if it was our pizza. He went over and got it and threw it on the bar. The pizza was cold. I asked about our salad and he said he didn't know where it was. So I asked to take it home so I could warm it up and said I wasn't paying for it. The manager came over and told me he took the salad off our bill and the pizza was 1/2 price. I said we never got the salad so of course we weren't paying for it. He said well this is what you get for ordering food at the bar. I said what? You can't order food at the bar? He said well you won't get good service. He took the pizza to box up and I said I wanted to watch him box it so no one spit on it. He told me to get out of his restaurant and never come back. I said what you are kicking me out? He said he was going to call the cops if I didn't leave. I am a woman and have never been treated so poorly by anyone. I told him I would post this experience on the web and he said good All press is good press. We went next door to Papa Murphy's right before they closed and Tylor made us a great pizza.

On the plus side - it was a cool environment nice big bar. I thought the prices were very reasonable. But of course if you can't get your food....

2  Thank MartyMN
Reviewed January 20, 2012

On our way home, my spouse and I discussed how we wished we could rate on different categories vs. overall as we would love to give this restaurant a 5. If it was for take out, 5+, the food was marvelous.

However, here our observations after eating in the restaurant....

1) Initial seating and beverage order were prompt, however; after that we had no clear idea who was our waiter/waitress and waited 20-30 minutes for things like bread and refills on our waters.

2) The wait staff worked hard and were friendly but we don't think they worked smart. It seemed no one was specifically checking on each table or following through, at least not consistently. (Example: Several people said they would get items requested but never returned)

3) We seemed to be more in tune with the needs of the tables surrounding us than the wait staff even prompting a staff member (not our wait staff) that the table next to us could also use refills.

Our suggestion for the restaurant....

Assign someone to refill water and bread alone. When waiting, you'd be surprised how far feeling like you're being attended to goes.

The food is outstanding and we would not hesitate to come back again or recommend it to our friends but we would be reluctant to do so without having a reservation and without ordering all courses of our meal right off the bat. Several tables around us voiced their dismay with the speed of the service; having finished our meal we told them they'd find the food was worth the wait .

It's nice to have such a great authentic Italian restaurant in the suburbs. We hope to go back to this restaurant again and again and we offer this feedback so it does not become the restaurant that had amazing food but people stopped dining at because of poor service.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I think the food here is amazing. I have been here four times and every time the food has been wonderful. I have tried a variety of things off the menu and have not been disappointed. The red sauce is absolutely amazing. The lasagna, the spicy rigatoni and the pizza are top favorites.

The service is sometimes better than others, but has never been a great disappointment. The servers have always been friendly.