Motel 6 Minneapolis South
Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeville(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
$100
$84
$94
$136
$119
All reviewsheater air conditionerlay your headwould stay here againnon smokingshampoointerstateflooring
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Met a group of friends and one couple room was broke into while they were sleeping and had their wallet and purse stolen! The locks on the rooms didn't close correctly leaving the door not locked and you wouldn't realize this.
The front desk girl acted as though we interrupted her evening. We had 6 rooms, you think they would have been thankful! Never ever going back even if the room was free! We only stayed here because Holiday Inn was full. Never again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Hi,
after I've read 2 previous comments on this Motel6 in Lakeville, I almost wanted to cancel my reservation....but this would have been a big mistake! This is a very good, clean and safe Motel- we extended our stay to finally 14 nights in 2 rooms and everything was perfect- and the staff is really very friendly! We paid a low weekly rate- a real bargain!
I had to write this comment ( I am NOT an employee of Motel6) because I expected something bad here- such an error! If You read this- please think of the Internet-Phenomenon with these comments- the one customer, who is not satisfied will write a comment, but Thousands of satisfied customers just walk off....

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
managermotel6, Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are so happy that you have stayed as our guest and found our place to be exactly what you expected! You are absolutely correct that many happy customer's walk away without saying a word. As the new manager of this particular Motel 6, I am striving to make this a great place to stay where you will receive a clean and comfortable room at a fair rate! Thank you, again! Next time you visit, please stop in and say hello!

~David Cook, General Manager

Reviewed July 6, 2009

We are regular Motel 6ers so we are not expecting high class when we check into a Motel 6 - but we are expecting some basics...this motel didn't hit the mark, even for my husband who is less picky than I am.

First negative was hard to get to b/c of some construction going on. Thankfully we were driving during daylight hours or we could have had a big problem.

First of all we noticed that the motel didn't look like the photo on the Motel 6 website for this location - it was much older.

When we entered the building there was a bad smell - ugh.

We got into our room and I did what I always do first of all - I turned down the blankets to check the sheets. UGH. LARGE yellow stains on the sheets! Hopefully they were stains and not unwashed dirty sheets - both beds like that. Then we noticed a couple of the folded towels still felt damp???

I went to the front desk and mentioned the sheets and right away she said she'd give me another room across the hall.

The new room - the sheets also had some stains (though not yellowish) but now the pillowcases were kind of yellowed. Being that bleach can whiten things - there should not be noticeably stained/marked sheets and pillowcases. It was late and we were tired and we were not going to make a fuss again.

No kleenix, hairdryer, coffee maker or clock in the room. The tub took FOREVER to drain after showering - a big pain when there were 4 of us needing to shower.

The pillowcases were so rumpled looking - seemed like they had been shoved into the bottom of a basket ... Again - not expecting high class but clean looking sheets/pillowcases that were not TOTALLY rumpled - would have pleased me.

The shower curtain had some blackish/moldish looking stains on it and the tub side had some cigarette burn marks.

Not that we needed them but within walking distance was a Subway and a McDonalds...a gas station with few groceries was also just across the way - came in handy.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
managermotel6, General Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2010

Motel 6 has the goal to offer you a clean comfortable room at the lowest rate of any national brand. I am sorry that during your stay we did not meet you and your husbands expectations. As the new General Manager, I am striving to ensure that we raise our standards here at the Lakeville Motel 6. I am proud to inform you that we have brand new linen, our hallways and guests rooms smell fresh and odor free, and we have an awesome head housekeeper who inspects each guest room daily to ensure that it is ready for each guest.

As for the room being without the alarm clock, ironing board, and shampoo, you are correct. Motel 6 keeps our ammenities to a minimum so that we will always be able to offer our customers the lowest rate possible. However, we do have certain ammenities available at the front desk.

I would like to personally thank you for your review. Although I was not with this motel when you stayed with us, I want to offer you to stop in and see us again the next time you travel through Minnesota. I would like the opportunity to take you for a tour of what we have done as well as the chance to earn your trust again.

~David Cook, General Manager
952-469-1900

Reviewed January 23, 2007

most cities and counties around the country are now relying on motel 6 as a main source of revenue. i came in off the freeway late and i just wanted 4 hours of sleep and on my way early.

oh man, try 1 hour of sleep thanks to the group of cops down the hall setting up prostitutes all night. lots of screaming, running up and down the hall, doors slamming. No gun shots thankfully, but that's what will happen eventually as the police are encouraging and bringing crime to a place where you could be staying.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank bellIcalifornia

Thank you for your honest feedback. Your visit to us has been several years but as the new General Manager of this property, I felt the need to let you know that this property is clean, comfortable, safe, secure, and a family motel where you can feel safe bringing your family. I understand that in the past, there were problems that needed addressed. I am sorry that you had to be a witness to the mayhem while management was addressing the problem. I have taken over this property and have resolved to continue to make this a great place to stay. Motel 6 takes your feedback very serious and I personally hope you will come see us again. Even if you don't plan on staying, please stop in and see what we have done. Take a tour, meet our friendly and knowledgable staff, and shake my hand. See for yourself that you can still count on Motel 6 to meet your lodging needs and expectations!

Again, thank you for your feedback!

David Cook, GM