All reviews full kitchen bed was very comfortable i highly recommend this hotel dvd player staff was friendly would stay here again games recliner lobby minneapolis walmart
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2019 via mobile

I am a spire elite member with IHG. I have traveled for 13 years and I am top-tier with every major hotel chain.

We had never been to Lakeville Mn before. We saw they had a Candlewood and we know they are pet friendly so we made reservations through the app. I even called them to see if we could get a ground floor. When we arrived after a 7 hr drive, we were ready to get out the car and get into our room. When I went in, there was a African-American gentleman who was doing something and eventually said hi. I said I have reservations tonight. He asked me for my name and credit card. I also told him I have a little Chihuahua. He then proceeded to tell me that the pet fee was $30. I then replied I don’t think so because on your website and app it doesn’t say anything about a pet fee of $30 like it does for all the other IHG hotels online and app. I showed him some other IHG hotels sites so he could see how his hotel didn’t list this information like they did. I even asked him to please call the manger to see if we were going to be made to pay it or not. He said no I’m not going to do that. I said, fine I’ll pay it and will take it up with management and IHG tomorrow. He then gave me papers to fill out. On one of the papers it ask you for your car, make and mode. It also ask you for license plate number. I told him I didn’t want to list my tag information. I said there’s no law that requires me to give you this information in order for me to pay or buy a room. He then told me he was going to the police on me because I wouldn’t give him my tag information. I have it on video as well. I told him to call the police. I also told him, he wouldn’t like it if someone treated him this way, so why are you treating me that way? I didn’t want to give him my tag information because I am a private investigator and cyber crimes investigator. I don’t want the crooks to know it’s my car or cause us harm. You the right to refuse to give your personal information out to a hotel. Hotels get hacked and your information ends up on the underground web. So why should you have to give them everything? What right do they have to this information. Protect your rights people. I do what I do to protect my family and I won’t apologize for it! I have filed a complaint with IHG and I have also contacted my lawyer for refusing to serve a gay couple in the state of Minnesota. The press will be interested in how a black man told me he was going to call the police on me because I wouldn’t give him tag number. BIG MISTAKE! We ended up leaving and finding another hotel that welcome us in. I recommend not staying here. It’s like a nursing home. It smelled like one!

Date of stay: October 2019
Mitch H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lakeville I-35, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2019

First off, we want to thank you for your continued loyalty to the IHG Rewards program, Spire Elite takes many nights away from home to achieve! I apologize our pet policy was unclear on our web page, we'll speak with IHG to see how we can make this more clear for our furry friends and their traveling parents. We would never share your personal information with anyone, those records are for our public safety officers in case there would ever be an emergency. It's actually a law in the State of MN that we collect this from all of our guests that stay with us. We welcome all into our hotel and wish that you had stayed to see we truly do care.

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

I needed a place to stay outside of Minneapolis and right off the interstate and this fit the bill perfectly. Hotel is relatively new and modern. Rooms were basic but very clean and cozy with a long table that gave me plenty of work space. The bed was very comfortable. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Liz S, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Lakeville I-35, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

Driving to Iowa with my daughter and needed a hotel off 35 w. Looked like a nice hotel. We arrived at 1 am and got a room. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. We slept 5 hours and were on our way, found out this is a longer stay hotel and they didn’t have breakfast. Otherwise it was very nice.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Liz S, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Lakeville I-35, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

I knew it was going to be a good stay when I called the morning of the stay and assured me that I could have an early check in.

Upon arrival I was greeted with a friendly smile and was able to check in at 2 pm. The lobby was nice along with a lot of extras. They have games you can check out along with extra cooking items.

Our room was very cozy with a fantastic bed along with a very modern kitchen and a recliner.

The hotel is very new and if you’re wanting a place just south of MSP this is the place!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Smith8418, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Lakeville I-35, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2019

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Some of my family & I decided to spend a night in Lakeville, only 30 miles from home, with a winter snow warning that would prevent us from traveling to & from on Saturday and again on Sunday for a sports events at the high school. I called Candlewood Suites and got great rates for a king suite and a 2 queen bed rooms. I wasn't sure what to expect with the low rate so was very, very happy when we arrived. Then open the door to the king suite was like a beautiful apartment with the kitchen and anything we'd need in the kitchen! The bed was great & the bathroom clean, fresh & very nice. The 2 queen room was not as spacious but was for sure everything we needed and they had a great walk in shower.
Chances are we won't have reason to stay there again but Candlewood Suites is now on my radar for when we travel!!

Date of stay: March 2019