“Don't let the service dissuade you”
Review of Caffe Dell' Isola - CLOSED

Caffe Dell' Isola
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2015 via mobile

Legendarily rude service and inflexible attitude should not dissuade you from what is great food and coffee. I tend to take a zen attitude to the over the top Italian manners and just enjoy it as part of the experience. As long as I don't try to add anchovies to a non-anchovy pizza it's fine.

Reviewed June 12, 2015

The pizza is fantastic, simple as that. If you want exceptional pizza you will get it here. Menu is huge, prices are fine & service was great. A lot has been written about this place & in particular the owners. Some very nasty negative comments. Don't listen to all this rubbish. We have been there twice & found them friendly & helpful. If you are a rude customer, yes I think the owner might just tell you to get some manners, nothing wrong with that. As the saying goes, you just can't please some people. Go try for yourself. When we went they got very busy, and did not see them abuse people or be rude. So just go along, you will get some mighty fine pizza from some nice people! Oh, and it's BYO with no corkage charge, can't beat that.

1  Thank TheGoodNoBadNoUgly
Reviewed June 9, 2015

We stayed at Arcadia for 3 nights and each morning came here for breakfast.
The eggs were done to perfection and the bacon was crispy. To finish this off the coffee was excellent. We thought the prices were reasonable for a big breakfast and very comparable to places in Townsville. The service was quick and everyone was very friendly.

Reviewed June 2, 2015

Delicious pizzas and gelati, definitely worth a visit but a bit on the expensive side. Lovely spot to sit for a nice lunch or dinner opposite Geoffrey Bay in Arcadia, and overlooking the pool at the resort. Definitely the best pizza on the island made in a wood fire oven.

1  Thank KellyG10
Reviewed May 24, 2015

I have read some of the bad reviews for this restaurant and can safely say my experience has never been bad in the 5 or 6 times I've eaten at Caffe Dell' Isola. I have only ever been for lunch or dinner and the pizza has been absolutely incredible every time I've eaten there. Mind you, I have never asked for alterations to their menu (as they cover basically every flavour on their extensive menu). I recommend this place to anyone I know that is travelling to Magnetic Island. I wish they were on the mainland so we could go more often!

2  Thank BvL2016