“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2015

We stayed at Arcadia for 3 nights and each morning came here for breakfast.
The eggs were done to perfection and the bacon was crispy. To finish this off the coffee was excellent. We thought the prices were reasonable for a big breakfast and very comparable to places in Townsville. The service was quick and everyone was very friendly.

Reviewed June 2, 2015

Delicious pizzas and gelati, definitely worth a visit but a bit on the expensive side. Lovely spot to sit for a nice lunch or dinner opposite Geoffrey Bay in Arcadia, and overlooking the pool at the resort. Definitely the best pizza on the island made in a wood fire oven.

1  Thank KellyG10
Reviewed May 24, 2015

I have read some of the bad reviews for this restaurant and can safely say my experience has never been bad in the 5 or 6 times I've eaten at Caffe Dell' Isola. I have only ever been for lunch or dinner and the pizza has been absolutely incredible every time I've eaten there. Mind you, I have never asked for alterations to their menu (as they cover basically every flavour on their extensive menu). I recommend this place to anyone I know that is travelling to Magnetic Island. I wish they were on the mainland so we could go more often!

2  Thank BvL2016
Reviewed May 24, 2015

Hard to believe they're still around, although I did see a sign that said the business was for sale. I see why! I went on a Saturday night, looking forward to some Italian food or pizza, only to find nobody even there. The waitress sat at a table talking to two people, who I just assumed were friends...they didn't seem to be eating anything.

Looking at the menu, was surprised to see they only offered pizza and nothing else, despite a professional range in the kitchen. She said sometimes they have daily specials, but not today. There were also no lights anywhere so it was especially dark...even in the kitchen! Very strange.

Ok, so we look at the menu and almost every single pizza had at least 5 or 6 toppings on them...well, I don't want everything that's on a pizza so figured I'd do half and half, just remove what I don't want on my half. Nope, can't do that. Was told, in these exact words, "It's too difficult to cut." Huh??? Excuse after excuse about how they can't do that. Ok, I see it as saving YOU money and making ME happy but obviously it was asking too much...would get cut off in mid sentence too. You'd think they'd want SOME business rather than none and they definitely lost mine. The prices were pretty bad too...around $26 for a thin crust pizza!? Really??

Walking back by an hour or so later, only 1 person was there. The gelato looked good but at that point, refused to even give them my business. Worst customer service ever...pub food suited me just fine after that fiasco! Learn how to run a business or do us all a favor and get off of the island!

6  Thank hotrodgurl
Reviewed May 21, 2015

On a clear sunny morning this place is great for a long lazy breakfast
Great service ,friendly and quick
Freshly cooked food,would recommend egg and bacon roll
Dishes come with their own home made bread
Definitely worth a visit or two
Excellent value for money