“Extremely Pleased”
Review of Lake Elmo Inn

Lake Elmo Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Lake Elmo Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Lake Elmo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 5
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a quality seafood buffet for lent. I did some searching and contacted several of the Twin Cities food critics. They all replied that they knew of no seafood buffet worth mentioning and that buffets provided dry and less than desirable results. They missed this place. I am somewhat critical of quality and service and Lake Elmo Inn delivered on both. I don't mind paying a premium price ($50) for good food and service, however I thought it was worth every penny. We had a 7:30 reservation. Arrived 35 minutes early as we came from out of town. Nowhere within half a block to park so that is always a good sign. Host staff greeted us pleasantly and promptly informing us it would be just a few minutes and pointed us in the direction if the coat room and/or the bar area. We were seated promptly in less than 10 minutes. The restaurant was full. Server was very tentative. Checked back periodically throughout meal but not too often as to be annoying. Food was exceptional. There were two or three chefs monitoring the status of each dish and restocking them appropriately. There was never an empty dish-hot or cold. Immediately if something needed attention, it was attended to promptly. A chef was literally standing there watching over everything and communicating needs to other staff. They had prime rib-real prime rib not just a beef roast of the garden variety as others do. We didn't have any because of lent but I would have enjoyed that. It looked prepared perfectly as prime rib should be. Plenty of HUGE shrimp on the cold side. Good quality smoked salmon. Maybe not as good as mine ( I make my own) but good. Oysters galore. Not of the best quality but acceptable and as many as you want. Hot foods were good. Shrimp, scallops and crab legs. All in all had a very pleasant experience and would highly recommend. My only small complaint-there could be some dessert offerings included. The desserts I did see being served looked very good. I would visit Lake Elmo Inn again if in the area.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The dining experience was wonderful. The pampering was just what I wanted on my birthday. The Chicken Quesadilla soup was delicious with the right amount of spice to it. Directly after that, we had crab stuffed mushrooms with artichokes, spinach & crabmeat topped with Swiss cheese, absolutely delicious. We had the Tuesday night special of just $20, 8 oz sirloin with this amazing sauce with shrimp and some other ingredients. Great taste and tender meat. The red potatoes were fantastic. Husband said they were a little too salty, but I’m a fan of that, so it didn’t bother me. The dessert was amazing!! I had the peanut butter chocolate brownie with a little ice cream. Husband had the Oreo cheese cake type of pie. That was delicious, too and I only had a bite. By this time, we were totally full. The waitress was amazing! With all the tables that she had, we were super impressed with her attitude, her ability to stay on top of it all, just all around great job! The waiter that assisted with the water and the dishes (because you seriously get a course of meals) did a fantastic job. The to-go containers are super fancy! Highly recommend this place for a fancy romantic dinner with your date. Absolutely Great place!

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Lake Elmo Inn is one if the best restaurants my husband & I have been to in Minnesota. The service was wonderful & the food was fantastic!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I frequent this restaurant for romantic dinners, dinners with friends and simply as a place to go and have a quiet drink with an appetizer or two. The food is always delicious and the service is outstanding.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Lake Elmo Inn has great food, wonderful atmosphere and great staff. If you are looking for a special place to eat this is the place. I highly recommend the Tuesday buffet lunch - out of this world with wonderful salads, fruit, entrees and desserts! The Sunday brunch is also excellent. If those don't work for you, any day has great food.

Been to Lake Elmo Inn? Share your experiences!