“Very pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Elmo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Definitely not what I expected when I discovered I'd be staying in the Holiday Inn on a recent business trip. Not that there is anything wrong with the brand, you just don't expect it to have so much character and dare I say style. My room was quite large and very comfortable. Everything looked brand new and was exceptionally clean. The staff was friendly and competent. I can't say a single bad thing about this property.
If you are planning a meeting here your attendees will be more than happy with their rooms and the meeting space is very interesting. Definitely not the typical boring ballroom...lots of windows and lots of light.
If you are a business traveler you cannot go wrong here. It's not far from the airport, about 1/2 hour drive? If you're at all health conscious you'll want to skip eating at the shed as everything seems to be beige and fried (but good)...there's a shopping plaza across the street that has other options where you might have better luck with variety.

Room Tip: One of my colleagues had a room that opened onto the pool area. Others have said it's noisy ther...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank TraciAB_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Waterford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. There was a block of rooms reserved for the many out of town guests. The rooms were very large, clean, and comfortable. You could not hear the noise of the shower while in the main room. The rooms that face the pool area can be noisy at times and smell like chlorine. I wish there had been some sort of continental breakfast offered as that would have made our morning so much more relaxing. The internet connection to the room was slow and bit spotty. Overall, the hotel was fine but for the price I think it could have been better.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the pool courtyard smell like chlorine
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann S
mfrenchhoari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you sincerely for your comments, we will look into your suggestions.
Mo French
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn and Suites for a business meeting on the property in January. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and spacious. The complimentary wifi was a plus and it was very fast. The meeting spaces we were in were perfect for our group and the free happy hour bar was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ruby R
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We recently hosted our wedding reception at Wildwood. The hotel was fully book the Friday before and Saturday of the wedding. This situation was obviously overwhelming to the staff and resulted in a less than pleasant experience by many. My guests were frustrated when their rooms were not ready at the designated check in time. I was also disappointed to learn guests found duplicate charges on their credit cards for their stay. Given this and our overall experience with the staff, I would not recommend Wildwood for your next stay or event.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Pcock
mfrenchhoari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
My sincere apologies, our intention is never dissapointing a guest when they are expecting great service.
Our check in time is 4:00pm and over 90% of our guests checked in that day prior to that time. I am so sorry your guests had any wait at all. I also viewed any billing for that day and did not view any issues. I would be more than happy to personally speak to the guest you are addressing.
I was present in the hotel and I do know the lobby was extremely busy that day, as we strive to exceed our guests expectations I invite you to contact myself and revisit the hotel in the near future as our guest. Thank you always for taking the time to give us your comments.
Sincerely
The General Manager
Fargo, ND
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here and also at the Hilton across the street several days each over business this fall. Between the two, I prefer the Wildwood because of the free mini happy hour during the week, and also because of the large rooms and free shuttle. It's also nice to have the restaurant onsite (although not my favorite). Be sure to ask for a room with a bathtub if you need one, the default is shower only. The walls are also paper thin so you will be able to hear the guests next to you...tv, shower, phone conversations. Luckily for the wildwood, most of their customers are on business (alone, quieter than familiies) so it wasn't a huge problem. Pool area was nice although my daughter said the chlorine burned her eyes, I guess they were adding it at 9 am while she was swimming. My one complaint - I wish they would change from firefox browser to ie. nobody in the business world uses firefox, which won't let you login to outlook or print from it. overall though I willl continue staying here for business trips as it is very clean and the staff were very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012
mfrenchhoari, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review. We listen to our customers concerns and needs, we are currently addressing the change to our desktop in our business center. Internet explorer was available from the start tab but we will get that changed so it is an icon on the desktop.
Please the next time you stay with us at the Wildwood Lodge, ask for me personally and I will make your accomodations for you. Once again our sincere thanks for helping us exceed all of our guests expectations.

The Management and staff of the Wildwood Lodge
Forest City, Iowa
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Very clean hotel, outstanding staff. They don't advertise the continental breakfast, which goes thru 9 AM with coffee, fruit and bars, etc. Very friendly, very clean. Pretty average pool. Got a bit loud at night if you are poolside. Janessa was an outstanding contact for our trip

Room Tip: Don't stay poolside if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rlichts
chicago
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was super quiet with very large, comfortable rooms with Aveda products. The attached restaurant (The Machine Shed) serves a terrific breakfast. My sister lives in nearby Woodbury, so we travel to this area often. We will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East
Residence Inn St. Paul Woodbury
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo? Share your experiences!