“Good food and nice atmosphere”
Review of Bronk's Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Bronk's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped here and enjoyed some wonderful nachos and cheese curds. The food came hot and was tasty. Also i tried their chocolate molten cake and it was good. I would eat here again and I thought the price for the items were fair. The server was pleasant. I loved the decorating.

1  Thank Diane S

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The drive from Hwy. 61 south of Minneapolis is a great way to see the scenic upper Mississippi River valley, but the choices for a decent dinner along the way aren't many. Bronk's, located in sailboat-addicted Lake City, is the best meal I've found between St. Paul and La Crosse.

Now don't get too excited -- it's just a bar and grill that serves up good quality food in an unexpectedly clean and modern space -- but we've all been to bar and grills that are instantly forgettable.

The people who run Bronk's have clearly gone the extra step to put together a menu that is creative and appropriate for a small river town. Now if only they could show every other boring bar and grill how it's done.

2  Thank AdviserAndConsenter
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have visited Lake City once a year for the last 15 years. I have eaten at Bronks prior to the Robert Irvine remodel as well as after. The decor is nice, but the restaurant food that I and my guests had was lousy. The service was ok, but it seemed that the employees were more interested in the bar traffic than the restaurant.

I had a Rubin along with one of the people that was accompanying me. It was TERRIBLE. It was obvious that the corned beef had been received frozen, and then thawed out. It was in a roll on one side of the sandwich, and the sauerkraut was on the other side. The cook (no way would I ever address him as Chef) either did not know or was too lazy to unroll it to cover the bread.

We finally got the attention of the waitress and had her take them back to the kitchen. They came back the exact same way.

If the corned beef had been rolled out on the bread it would have been only about 1/4" thick. What a joke to people that eat and enjoy Ruben's.

I, and my guests, who by the way reside in Lake City, determined immediately that we would never return and do all in our power to warn others about the food and service. Too bad because Robert Irvine gave them a chance and they chose not to take it.

1  Thank russ p
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were going to Lake City for the day and decided to try out Bronk's Bar & Grill after having seen it on Restaurant Impossible. It was fun actually seeing something that had been transformed so beautifully. We were initially wowed by the beer menu which included almost all micro brewery beers which I've never seen in a bar & grill setting. The salmon cakes for our appetizer were amazing with a great sauce. Our meals turned out to be truly incredible. I had the pork burger and my wife had the asparagus chicken. The burger I had was amazing and the fries were by far the best I've ever had. My wife's meal was amazing as well. Everything was so fresh and well made. The decor in the restaurant was beautiful and we enjoyed the atmosphere which had a wide variety of cliental. The only downside was our server who seemed a bit timid and was very slow in getting to our table. However, once the food started coming, she was very helpful and very kind to us in making our meal enjoyable. We would definitely come back to this restaurant and will recommend to anyone we know who plans to go to Lake City.

1  Thank epi007
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stopped in on a Friday evening for an early dinner. My husband always wants to visit places that have been on tv. It looked closed from the outside, so we almost skipped it. However once inside it was bright and open.

There were not a lot of people at 5 pm, and the service was fast and very friendly. Our server was very attentive. We ordered the onion rings, they were hot and crispy, and you could tell they were made fresh, with crunchy onions. Yum! My husband ordered the Philly cheese steak sandwhich, he said it was good, but greasy.

As a vegetarian I was a little dismayed that there were no options for me. Luckily I will eat fish if there are no other options, so I got the salmon cakes and a side salad. The salad had fresh ingredients and I appreciated that they had light ranch dressing since no one ever has it. The salmon cakes were crispy and tasty. I really enjoyed them. I would recommend that all restaurants have at least a couple vegetarian options on their menu. For shame.