“Best food in a bar and grill I've ever had”
Review of Bronk's Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Bronk's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Rochester, Minnesota
“Best food in a bar and grill I've ever had”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were going to Lake City for the day and decided to try out Bronk's Bar & Grill after having seen it on Restaurant Impossible. It was fun actually seeing something that had been transformed so beautifully. We were initially wowed by the beer menu which included almost all micro brewery beers which I've never seen in a bar & grill setting. The salmon cakes for our appetizer were amazing with a great sauce. Our meals turned out to be truly incredible. I had the pork burger and my wife had the asparagus chicken. The burger I had was amazing and the fries were by far the best I've ever had. My wife's meal was amazing as well. Everything was so fresh and well made. The decor in the restaurant was beautiful and we enjoyed the atmosphere which had a wide variety of cliental. The only downside was our server who seemed a bit timid and was very slow in getting to our table. However, once the food started coming, she was very helpful and very kind to us in making our meal enjoyable. We would definitely come back to this restaurant and will recommend to anyone we know who plans to go to Lake City.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank epi007

Minneapolis, MN
“Fabulous service, decent food.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stopped in on a Friday evening for an early dinner. My husband always wants to visit places that have been on tv. It looked closed from the outside, so we almost skipped it. However once inside it was bright and open.

There were not a lot of people at 5 pm, and the service was fast and very friendly. Our server was very attentive. We ordered the onion rings, they were hot and crispy, and you could tell they were made fresh, with crunchy onions. Yum! My husband ordered the Philly cheese steak sandwhich, he said it was good, but greasy.

As a vegetarian I was a little dismayed that there were no options for me. Luckily I will eat fish if there are no other options, so I got the salmon cakes and a side salad. The salad had fresh ingredients and I appreciated that they had light ranch dressing since no one ever has it. The salmon cakes were crispy and tasty. I really enjoyed them. I would recommend that all restaurants have at least a couple vegetarian options on their menu. For shame.

• Visited July 2013
Central Florida, Florida
“Had to try this after watching "Restaurant Impossible".”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Food was excellent, all FRESH veggies in the Nacho's, fresh cut fries like mom made, almost impossible to find for this price range and a delicious wrap. Staff was very professional and the decor for some reason reminded me of the "art deco" in Miami Beach. Fun place to go, very clean and a bonus is the incredible walking trail along Lake Pepin.

1 Thank Mike E
Blaine, Minnesota
“Well done.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food was great. Fresh food cooked perfectly, freindly helpfuf staff what more could you want. Cant wait to go back and try something elst.

Minneapolis, MN
“This place still isn't fixed”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Restaurant Impossible may have made it look better, but this place was a real disapointment.Stopped in on Father's Day afternoon for a margarita and a burger. Big mistake. From a Bartender who was " just learning" (really? Why is she working by herself?) to a simple signature burger that was so overcooked we could have used it as a spare tire on our way back to Minneapolis.Sad, its not that hard to cook a burger and a plate of BBQ Ribs. Ribs were baked in an oven with a terrible ketchup like sauce, terrible cooking. Our waitress was sweet but clueless about good service, not her fault if the Owners don't even care if their Bartender doesn't know what Patron is or what to do with it, I am sure there is no standard of training for their Staff, maybe the Bartender could have made a better meal? Avoid this place if you can, they have a very long way to go.