“Very Nice Experience”

The Railhouse Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Featuring fresh cut salads, Fresh ground burgers, wood-fired pizzas, warm specialty sandwiches, creative pastas, dinner entrees, weekend dinner features, full bar, and attached coffee shop and lounge with weekend live music. Breakfast Tues-Fri at 7:00am, Sat-Sun at 8:00am. Coffee Depot opens at 6:00am Mon-Fri and 7:00am Sat & Sun.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We visited Lake City from Iowa, and managed to drive right past the Railhouse, despite knowing exactly where it was. It's in a building shared with The Liquor Depot, which faces Lyon Ave. The Railhouse faces No. 8th St.

Once we found the place, we stepped out of the car, and were greeting with the aroma of garlic. Beautiful garlic. There is a nice little patio with tables and chairs to the right of the restaurant.

The place was swamped with customers. We actually had to wait for a table for lunch, which speaks to how much people love the food. We were seated very shortly at a nice table, in view of the brick oven in the kitchen.

I ordered the turkey, bacon, and avocado wrap, but asked them to make it as a sandwich. No problem. It was served on a cibiatta roll, and it was very good. The bacon, though, was pure ecstasy! I can't wait to go there for breakfast. My side dish was potato salad. Good. It contained dill weed which I love, and also artichokes, which was a first for me.

My husband wasn't very hungry, so he just ordered the cheese curds. Lightly battered, white cheddar, deep fried and served with ranch dressing. They were sublime! And the order was so large, he couldn't finish it.

We ordered a brick oven pizza to go. Nice, crispy crust, and great toppings. We didn't care for the sauce, but I think that's a case of personal preference.

Our server was right on top of things from start to finish. She tried to apologize for the chaos, but there really was nothing for her to apologize about. She was awesome.

We overheard a local woman telling her friends that when a television show was filming at another restaurant in town, the crew came to the Railhouse to eat.

We are moving to Lake City soon, and we plan on making this place a weekly stop.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Has become a regular Sunday ritual for us. Something special and unique on the chalk board easch weekend. Below areas breakfast prices.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

What a "super find" this restaurant is! We go back often and have never been disappointed. Their menu is superb and offers a wide variety of choices, each with the owner's special flair. No matter what you are hungry for, you will find it in this lovely establishment. Not only is the staff friendly and helpful, but the prices are quite affordable and the portions are generous.
The owner's are "hands on" and really make their diners feel right at home. I have had the opportunity to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner there and every meal has been superb and tasty! When you go (and you must!) be sure to try the
Walleye fritters, the wood fired pizza or the yummy Mac and cheese....actually, you will want to try EVERYTHING on their menu. Every choice is a good one! Enjoy!

1  Thank KarenC327
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Waitress was very nice and attentive, no service issues at all.

The food was just mediocre and flavorless. Nothing to make us repeat customers.

Overall , we were not impressed with the food but the service and the place itself, were nice.

3  Thank mn_mo
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I can see why this restaurant is ranked #1. There are not a ton of places to choose from in Lake City, but clearly this ranks on top for a reason. Their burgers are wonderful which is what my wife and I had. The kids ate off the childrens menu and the food quality was high by childrens menu standards. No Kraft mac and cheese here. The only negative comment I had was about the wait staff. We were attended to by a pleasant young lady who did not do anything "wrong" per se, but she lacked confidence and appeared uncomfortable in her job and even dealing with other staff at the restaurant.