“Excellent breakfast!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chickadee Cottage Cafe, Lake City, Mn On the Great River Road
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Dropped by for breakfast Saturday morning. Good service and good food. Cute place! I hate the veggie skillet. Wheat toast was excellent. Husband had something with pancakes that were good too. Would stop back.

1  Thank BarbC615

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My daughter and I were visiting my sister, her daughter, and her two young boys when we went to this restaurant for breakfast. This is a house that has been converted into a restaurant and gift shop and it is quaint and quiet, almost like having breakfast in your own dining room. In addition to being patient with taking and delivering our order, the waitress was very good with keeping coffee cups filled. The food was very good. We will be back!

beno10, Owner at Chickadee Cottage Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thanks for your kind words in your review!! We are proud of our fantastic staff and the food we serve. Families like yours are always welcome at the Chickadee Cottage Cafe.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I traveled the Great River Road in MN last Friday. I got the reviews for restaurants in Lake City off tripadvisor for our supper. This was the #1 restaurant in town....we went there, sat down and the waitress told us the "special" was Grilled Shrimp, some kind of Mac and Cheese and something else...........no steaks or anything "dinner like" at all......they did have "hamburgers"...but my husband and I wanted real food for supper...not food you would have for lunch......I will say the people were very friendly and the place was cozy...I had a hard apple cider which I shared with my husband, that the waitress suggested after she told me they didn't carry my beer, Budlight, then we left. Very disappointed.

4  Thank mrskks
beno10, Owner at Chickadee Cottage Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We work hard every day and are proud to be the #1 restaurant in Lake City. We are a
cafe that specializes in breakfast and lunch. On Friday nights we invite visitors and
locals to join us for a $4.99 Burger Basket and $9.99 Grilled Shrimp Special. We are
thrilled with our business on Friday nights. Our guests enjoy simple and good food,
quick and friendly service, in a cozy, non-bar atmosphere. Our menu is on our website,
in our advertising and on a menu board posted outside our restaurant. The reviews on
tripadvisor that mention Friday night point out a limited menu, and they also comment
how good the food and service is. To post a negative review based upon your
misconception of our menu is unfair and very disappointing.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Best Autum breakfast ever!! Potatoes, apples, bacon, walnuts and eggs, so very good, again to much food.. But it was all so good...

1  Thank Toot727
beno10, Owner at Chickadee Cottage Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your breakfast!! Fall is our favorite time of the year and cooking with apples is always so much fun. We hope you'll stop by again!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Three of us were driving through Lake City and looking for a place for dinner. We saw this nice looking cottage right off the main road that looked like a nice place to stop.

We found out that it was Friday, and they had basically three meals they were serving, A Hamburger, A shrimp dinner, and a Pork Sandwich. I had the pork sandwich.

It was delicious. Moist, tender, with the sauce a bit sweet. And plenty of meat to more than fill the bun. It was service with some nice chip. My friends had the shrimp dinner and said that was also very good. Great meal sand a great price.

beno10, Owner at Chickadee Cottage Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your meals on Friday evening! We like to keep it simple and appreciate your thoughtful review! We hope to see again soon!