“best of our trip”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

trying this place (with the help of the woman at the information hut along the way) was our lucky find of our trip. Sunday afternoon on their deck ( they let us sit on the side deck with our puppy) was so refreshing . we had a huge ice tea and sat in the sun. We never expected our sandwiches to be so tasty! I had a smoked salmon on pumpernickle. It was so fresh and delicious. My husband tried the walleye sandwich and it was equally fresh tasting. Both like they had just been caught! And the sweet potatoes came with the most amazing pinapple sauce. We never would have thought of combining those flavors, but it was outstanding. We were in food heaven. Highly recommend this place on the north shore, when out for a drive or for a destination meal! Very helpful servers too!

1  Thank barbfdancemom

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Honestly, I've been striking out a little on my dining selections this trip, but I hit a home run with Emily's on the last night of our trip. It's very much a homey atmosphere with lots of family history. Think comfort food for sure. I had the smothered meatloaf and mashed potatoes. My wife have the maple smoked salmon with wild rice pilaf. Both were excellent. The apple crisp was to die for! Closes early this time of year at least... 8pm so get there early!

2  Thank BigCabDaddy
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband & I stopped to eat lunch at Emily's over Labor Day weekend. The restaurant was very busy so we had a short wait at the bar. We were well taken care of & the wait went by quickly. We requested seating on their deck & we were offered a table in the shade or the sun (a nice choice that usually isn't an option). Our lunch sandwiches were very filling & tasty. I had ordered an Angry Orchard with my lunch & was pleasantly surprised when it arrived with the rim dipped in a mixture of sugar & apple pie spices. Small touches like that & the view made it an extremely pleasant lunch. We would definitely stop back again.

1  Thank MNWildflower
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stopped here after reading some other reviews. So glad we did! The food was fantastic. My husband had the Beacon burger and highly recommends it. They have a great selection of local beers on tap. We've tried a few places in Duluth and this gem far outshines any place we've ever gone to in Duluth.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

There are better known restaurants going north from Duluth, but this is a find. Great burgers, excellent pastas, VG sandwiches and desserts! Historic building run by two families whose grandparents settled here about 100 years ago.

Did I mention the blue berry cobbler (before and after pictures below). BLT was terrific, hot turkey very good. Nice bar, good dining room, patio overlooking the Knife River. A very beautiful spot.

We stopped because there were lots of cars as well as motorcycles. Lots of different people (families, couples, seniors, and bikers) eat here. Easy to see why.

STRONGLY recommended for well prepared reasonably price casual food. Special "shout out to Lynn C, one of the 4 partners and our waitperson who told us about the history. The restaurant is on the scenic drive between Duluth and Two Harbors.

1  Thank Seniordad