“Wow - what a fab experience!”
Review of Yellingham Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Payhembury
Yellingham Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Payhembury B&B and Inns
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Wow - what a fab experience!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Janet and Ed are two of the loveliest B&B owners we have ever met, the farm is gorgeous with loads of working dogs, chickens, a large pond with newly installed water feature - seats and decking area, idyllic location. They could not do enough for us even though must have been up to their necks in farm work. I don't want to tell too many people about this place because we want it all to ourselves, oh and I mustn't forget to mention Janet's tasty and freshly poached eggs that my husband thoroughly enjoyed with freshly picked asparagus - yummy!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cecilia T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Beautiful Shetland Islands
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was a working farm and the host, Ed, was very welcoming and was happy to chat about farming. The room we were in was comfortable and the breakfasts were superb. A great place for a morning jog !
Happy to stay here again !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Shetlandman
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked Yellingham with trepidation after my last not so great B and B experience. I had phoned to try to book and had to leave a message. After 24 hours of not hearing back I took the view it was destiny whether I was supposed to go away again or not and resigned myself to behaving and staying home when I got TWO phone messages...one from Ed and then another from Janet, which made me chuckle....it was meant to be.
Being lambing time it was a really busy time for them which is the only reason they'd not got back to me sooner.
Do take note of any directions they give you to find the farmhouse and as a lone traveller, take the trouble to write it down...dont just rely on satnav cos you may not get a good enough signal in the area. Sooo, it took me half an hour longer from Honiton than the 10 minutes it should have done to get there!!! Im not kidding, I must have driven around the outskirts of their land through various hamlets and not found it, so I returned to Feniton and started again....just the difference between a left and a right!!!
Lovely welcome from Janet and what a gorgeous room...warmly decorated with pine and soft reds, and a quirky low level view of the sheep in the field. Excellent power shower, pretty tiles! Tea makings in my room with fresh milk supplied. Electric plug-in radiator supplied to supplement the fitted rad. Needed the first night because of this still hanging wintry cold weather!
Great breakfast, had the full English the first morning and the clotted cream porridge the second....mmm mm.
Didnt get to meet Ed until I was approached by a figure coming up the lane out of the dark as I returned the second night...assuring me he lived there....
Janet's "pamphlet" about Yellingham Farm, found in your room is the most interesting room info I have ever read. Not only are they a lovely couple but they care without reserve for their local community, using local produce where possible and having visits from the local schools to teach the children about farms and animals...Janet has a writing talent and is very funny.
As a single traveller, Yellingham offers a very reasonable single occupancy supplement and I got very good value all round in my stay. I look forward to returning very soon.
If you drive carefully exploring the single track lanes around, you will rewarded with views of beautiful and charming old farmhouses and pretty views. A great area for walking, which I will be doing next time.

Room Tip: I didnt see the other rooms but I always like a double bed and the room I had to the left of the top...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gail T
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here whilst running training in the area, it was very comfortable and the food was amazing - the attention to detail and standards were excellent - we also loved the dogs on the farm too! would certainly recommend this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lyn W
Pocklington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Visited Ed and Janet for the second time this year last week.

New sheepdog to add to our friends!

Excellent hosts, superb breakfast prepared by Ed including porridge with golden syrup and clotted cream and of course the full English (if the hens are being good you may get two eggs!) or Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs etc. See our photos for the full picture.

The afternoon teas are great to look forward to on arrival and at the end of each day.

We walked the 1.25 miles to the Six Bells in Payhembury for dinner on the first night and had an excellent meal we can recommend the Lamb and Mint Pie and the Otter Ale.

Room Tip: We like the Farmhouse Double Room as there is more space for us to use the laptop etc
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank berniej
Ontario Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in mid-September and it was the best B&B experience of our 25 day UK and Europe tour. The room was great and the breakfasts were fabulous with so many yummy choices. Ed and Janet helped to make our stay in this wonderful area of Devon so memorable, The nearby villages of Payhembury and Broadhembury had pubs with great food that were perfect to go to at the end of a day of exploring the area. The narrow roads were somewhat of a challenge for us, but they too were part of the charm. We highly recommend Yellingham!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gardia2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our second visit - two nights against just one before. Next time we're moving in to stay. Couldn't have a friendlier welcome. Tea, cake and scones. Fresh milk for morning tea. Cosy room. Perfect breakfast. With the sense of the working farm, but none of the mud or smells! The dogs are delightful too.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LGaryThomas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Payhembury
Premier Inn Honiton
#1 of 2 in Langford
Larkbeare Grange
Larkbeare Grange
#1 of 1 in Talaton

Been to Yellingham Farm? Share your experiences!