“Ok service let down by the rest.”

Greyhound Country Inn
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Ok service let down by the rest.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The customer service was ok.

The food was reasonably priced but sadly very poor quality.
We stayed and the (full English) was a sausage, 2 pieces of bacon, fried egg and mushroom.

The rooms were overpriced, dated and in need of modernisation. It looks like they'd tried and not completed it. The rooms weren't clean to the standard I'd expect of a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank robo12007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are tatty , need lots of repairs and some money spending on them to bring them up to date!

Over priced drinks and food that wasn't great and slow service with the staff not knowing what anyone was doing.

Wouldn't recommend and wished we had spent the ridiculous amount we were charged for food and stayed somewhere else!

If you ask for a price,double check as we were told one price and charged another

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julia W
kirmit123, Manager at Greyhound Country Inn, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
We don't understand why you or your husband have written this review.!!!
YOU approached us early in 2013 to provide a catering package for your wedding reception. A number of cost packages were discussed with you.
You decided to spend less than £5 per head & it was YOUR preference to have sausage & bacon rolls; initially for 110 guests. The week before the wedding you came in to say only 60 people were expected to attend the evening function & NONE of them required a vegetarian option. You again confirmed only sausage & bacon rolls were required.
Prior to the event YOU inspected all the B & b rooms and confirmed they were more than adequate for the occasion. A discounted price of £30 per person was agreed with you.
Both on the evening of the reception and the next morning YOU
1. Admitted you had mis-informed your family and friends as to the price of B & b, i.e. £30 per room instead of per person.
2. YOU & your husband thanked us for all our help and effort, stating how much everyone had enjoyed themselves.
3. COLD TOAST was specifically ordered by members of your family.
The only issue mentioned was one lady did not have enough hot water for a shower. As explained [and apologized for] at the time; this was due to everyone using the showers and the kitchen dishwasher at the same time. Your guest said they understood and it was not a problem.
For the sum of £300 you had unlimited, exclusive use of The Greyhound, including electric [band played all evening] staff and cleaning [it took 6 people all morning to clean up children's sweets and confetti, etc.] This price was based on 110 guests attending, but we held it, despite less than half attended AND you had FREE use of the four poster bridal suite for the night.
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We'd booked months in advance and the Inn seemed to have changed hands when we arrived - and got a shock as the price had doubled! The staff were fabulously helpful and friendly and the beer very well kept...The food we had including a mixed grill and steak with pepper sauce weren't awful but they weren't as good as average. Breakfast the next morning was of similar quality with a suspiciously entry level pork sausage.The rooms are perfectly functionality and comfortable although they could do with some redecoration and updating - especially the bathrooms!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Make sure you don't get the collumpton room as it has the smallest double bed in the world. I am 5ft 7ins and my husband is 5ft 8ins and we both spent a very uncomfortable night with both feet hanging out of the bottom of the bed. Other than that the food was good, place was clean and quite pleasant. A bit expensive at £88.00 a night but ok

Room Tip: Avoid the collumpton room with a very small 4ft double bed, unless you are on the short side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at the Greyhound for 2 nights with a friend whilst on a short trip to a festival, The staff were very helpfull and friendly from the moment we arrived and Jan even gave us a lift out when we could not get a cab! We had the full English both mornings and although you may not be able to finish it, it was very good with cold juice and nice coffee. I would stay here again if ever in the area a good find all in all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A very solid three star hotel for accommodation. Probably deserves three and a half to be honest!

We dropped in looking for a family room and one was made up for us on the spot. The room is very spacious as it the en-suite bathroom. In fact for an older style inn both are huge. The bathroom looks like it has recently been refurbished and the shower is great.

Breakfast was included in our stay and was quite good.

All staff were very friendly and most helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I found this Inn while looking for accommodation near Escot Park where I had a short term job. What a delight. The pub section on the ground floor was a good old fashioned comfortable pub with timber beams, fireplace and strings of hops hanging from the ceiling. It immediately felt like the kind of place that catered to locals as well as welcoming to travellers like myself, going for good beer, good food and good atmoshphere as opposed to the "boutique decore" effect

Easy to find off the A30 and with plenty of parking, I was able to enter through the back entrance and immediately shown registration and my room. The bedrooms are upstairs and instead of numbers, have names. Mine was the Ottery. It was ensuite with a view out front and had all the expected features: tea/coffee facilities, freeview TV, toiletries. The decoration seemed realtively new and comfortable.

I had my evening meals in the puib and took full advantage of the evening specials: pie & pint one night, two steak meals for one on another (I was with a business colleague). I was sorry I missed the Sunday Roast as I was working during the day but the special Greyhound Inn burgers in the evening made up for it. That and a pint of Otter Ale and I was well satisfied.

What really made this place special were the people. I was well looked after by Kim and Tom who chatted when I wanted company, left me to my own when I was busy. Janice took care of the booking and registration, always had a smile and the time to exchange pleasantries and served a lovely breakfast. When I explained that I had to be out at 6.30 one morning they still offered to do breakfast. I didn't want to drag anyone up that early and declined but ended up compromising when they brought a tray with cereals, milk and juice to my room so I could have a bite while getting ready to leave. They even made me a sandwich for lunch, which came in very handy when I was working flat-out later that day.

I stay in so many hotels for business that it is a welcome treat for me to stay in a place like the Greyhound Inn where I can feel comfortable and well looked after and never felt like just a "unit" checking in or out of a souless place.

Room Tip: The only thing I would mention about my room facing the front of the hotel was the outside light whi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wellington Farm Bed & Breakfast
Rose Farm B&B
Rose Farm B&B
#2 of 3 in Wilmington

Been to Greyhound Country Inn? Share your experiences!