Deer Park Country House Hotel
Premier Inn Honiton(Honiton)(Great Value!)
$70
PremierInn.com
The Tumbling Weir Hotel(Ottery St. Mary)
$123
$110
$102
$99
Travelocity
Padbrook Park Hotel(Cullompton)(Great Value!)
$82
$130
  • Restaurant
Woodlands Hotel(Sidmouth)
$158
All reviewswalled gardenbeautiful hotelthe main housewonderful weddingwedding breakfastwedding venuebeautiful groundshis teamcountry housebeautiful roomlog firepizza ovenfood was fantasticstayed longerwedding receptionsunday lunchthank you so much
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a small country hotel within its own extensive grounds. The staff are friendly and approachable, and their service is good. The public areas of the hotel, including the lovely lounge, are adorned with sporting memorabilia. We had a good room with the most comfortable bed, but the bathroom was inconvenient and rather dated. We dined in the hotel the night we stayed and we would decsribe the food as good rather than great. Breakfast the following morning was quite disappointing. Have to say the kitchen lets this place down a touch, but its setting is quite splendid and for what we paid it was fair value for money. Full price would have been another story perhaps.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuart B, Front Office Manager at Deer Park Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Murrayfield-on-tour,

Thank you for your review of the Deer Park Country House Hotel. I was glad to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay here with us.

You may have noticed that there has been lots of work completed in and around the hotel recently, we have an ongoing refurbishment plan for all of our bedroom's and bathrooms. I am confident that next time you come and stay you will notice the difference.

I was sad to read your comments regarding the food as this is an area that has been getting lots of great feedback recently. I would greatly appreciate if you could take the time to give me some further feed back on this so that I can forward it to our Head Chef.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Deer Park, please do contact me personally when you would like to rebook as I would very much like to personally handle your booking.

stuart@deerparkcountryhotel.co.uk
01404 412 66

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight after visiting an elderly relation in Exmouth. This hotel in beautiful grounds is a hidden gem in the Devonshire country side. The whole experience was excellent, the room was lovely and the bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in at a hotel. Although we didn't have dinner the bar snack was tasty, and the breakfast was freshly cooked and well presented. It was obvious that a lot of work has been carried out in the garden and we were only sorry we couldn't stay longer to take advantage of it. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially a lovely young man called Mark. All in all a very pleasant experience. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear bucksgroup,

Thank you for your positive review of the Deer Park Country House Hotel.

It is great when our guests take the time to write positive reviews and to name one of our Team Members in the review means that they really did make a positive impact on your stay and I will ensure that your thanks are passed on to Mark.

Don't be sorry about not having enough time to explore the grounds, it just gives you the perfect excuse to come back!!!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Best customer service I have experienced in a long time, and I have stayed at many hotels. The staff were excellent, friendly and attentive. Stayed here 1 night, very pleasant stay, would definitely stay here again, nice quiet location ideal for a romantic break.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Stuart B, Front Office Manager at Deer Park Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear soletrader,

Thank you very much for your review of the Deer Park Country House Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to open Trip Advisor and see such comments as the one above. I will ensure that I pass this on to the team who I am sure will be delighted to read it.

Looking forward to seeing you in the future for the "Romantic Break", maybe have a swing on our new swinging seat with a glass of Champagne or two!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

What a wonderful wedding we had here at this lovely hotel. The staff couldn't do enough to make my daughters day perfect, right from the first planning with the wedding co-ordinator through to when we left the day after the wedding. A big thank you to everyone involved. The room was lovely and bed wonderful and comfy. Clean throughout. Food very good. The log fires gave a warm, homely feel. The staff couldn't be friendlier. Would highly recommend this venue for large or small occasions. Thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed in the large bay windowed room -no. 7
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chic96
Stuart B, Front Office Manager at Deer Park Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear chic96,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Deer Park Country House Hotel.

I know that Georgie our Senior Wedding & Events Manager puts so much hard work into each wedding that we have and your thanks are greatly appreciated.

People say that it must be so tough working at a wedding venue but we are very lucky here that we have a great team from our MD right across the board to our housekeepers and kitchen porters that really makes it feel easy.

I will ensure that your comments are posted on to our staff notice board so each one of them that helped to make your daughters special day can see what all their hard work achieves.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Having recently held a most enjoyable lunch party at Deer Park Country House Hotel, I wish to say how much we enjoyed the whole function. In addition to our own observations, very enthusiastic comments were received from most of the 42 guests as to the food taste and presentation, as well as the attentive service by friendly staff. The ambience of the hotel, as well as the appearance of the grounds were a source of much pleasure. The log fires and beautiful paintings everywhere made it all very pleasant.

Room Tip: Sorry we did not stay the night, so cannot comment.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 23Elinor23

Dear 23Elinor23,

Thank you for your review of the Deer Park Country House Hotel.

It was a pleasure to host your Golden Wedding Anniversary lunch and I am so glad that your guest enjoyed your special day as much as you did.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.