“Fine dining in a quaint atmosphere ”

Suzette's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Jordan
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

Don't let the outside of this restaurant fool you. Suzette's has the look of a family diner with one fantastic chef. Went here for dinner. I ordered the petite filet (which was anything but petite) and shrimp. Not only were both expertly prepared, but even the side items (garlic potatoes and steamed veggies) were amazing! Everything had amazing flavor. I usually don't eat a lot in one sitting, but I couldn't stop myself. My date had the New York Strip (like my meal, a very generous portion) and it was also perfect. He normally uses a lot of salt and steak sauce, and he didn't have to add a thing. Service was friendly and prompt. Definitely worth the visit!

1  Thank Samantha M

Reviewed January 28, 2016

My husband and I went to Suzettes last Friday night for dinner. This was not our first trip there and definitely won't be our last. I had the Seafood Mix Grill which included gulf shrimp, scallops, and a petite lobster tail with herb butter sauce and garlic whipped potatoes with perfectly cooked green beans. Everything on the plate was incredible. My husband had the Marin Grivois which is a shrimp and scallop linguine pasta which was also very good, I tried it too. I have also had the Suzette Mix Grill and the fruit Napolean, both were delicious. Our service was excellent! Our waitress was Mary and she had great suggestions. Also the chef even came out and talked to us! Chef Banrith has a very amazing story (read it, it's on the restaurant's website). I told him the scallops were delicious and that I always overcook mine and he told me how to cook them correctly, awesome! We spent about $95 for the two of our dinners including tip and 2 glasses of wine and a beer...well worth it!!! Ok, the ambience isn't reflective of the food you will receive, (it used to be an old Bridgemans) but they have white tablecloths and it is really clean but it's right up my alley, I don't like fancy schmancy but I do like the food to taste that way and it did not disappoint. Oh, and another thing is that you will actually leave full, the portions are very nice. Well worth the drive to Jordan.

1  Thank T0mmieGirl
Reviewed January 14, 2016 via mobile

I have been to Suzette's several times over the last 10 years. The waitresses are unfailingly attentive. The sea bass is phenomenal. Tonight we all had the walleye which was broiled to perfection. My water glass with lemon was refilled without having to ask. The wine was delightful. The chef owner is passionate about what he serves and he deserves accolades. The soup was a gourmet squash with corn. The wild rice was the best. The green beans were flavorful with just the right amount of seasoning. The garlic mashed potatoes were delightful. This place is top notch! You won't be disappointed! I am from the area and have never heard one negative word about Suzette's. It is legendary European cuisine.

1  Thank fogarty777
Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

Out in the middle of nowhere but fabulous food and service!! Everything was soooo good! The bread pudding is to die for! You must check it out!!

2  Thank Charlie R
Reviewed November 6, 2015

Suzette's is fine dining. The entrees on the menu are interesting and I had trouble choosing, but tonight I went with the salmon while my darlin' selected the Marin Gravois. We both felt our entrees were delicious and mine, in particular, was a treat for the eyes before I took the first bite. Mixed vegetables? Indeed! a wedge of perfectly cooked beet, a perfectly cooked carrot, several perfect green beans, a tumeric-flavored cauliflowerette, and a radish with a nice serving of garlic mashed potatoes. The dining room is very fresh and clean; my glass of pino grigio was excellent. And the best part: entrees are mostly in the $15 to $30 range. The anomalous aspect is that the restaurant is located just off a 4-lane highway and the neighboring businesses are, well, business-y.

2  Thank Carolyn K

Been to Suzette's Restaurant? Share your experiences!