“Dated But Clean”

Econo Lodge Jackson
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Recently visited family in Windom, MN and decided to stay here because of the price. My brother in law also recommended it over the Super 8. Check in was quick and courteous. We had an inside room, so ne outside access door. I can't say that I missed it. The 3 adults the total was room was very dated but very clean. If you're looking for a luxury room with all of the amenities, this isn't it. For a two night stay for 3 adults the total price was right around $175. I wish the breakfast would have been better. It consisted of bread and muffins. There were some sausage patties and egg patties in the fridge, but I was afraid to try it. The second morning it looked like they hadn't been touched. But, there is a good restaurant (Santee Crossing Embers) across the interstate. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank James H

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had not planned on staying here, but the broken brake line on my truck made it a necessity until it could be repaired. I walked in and was given what I thought was a fair rate for the night ($77 total). Check in was very quick and efficient and I was warming up in my room within minutes of my arrival. The place is not new and it shows its age here and there, but it was clean and quite comfortable. They had a very good selection of cable channels and the wifi signal was strong and reliable during the length of my stay. I was happy to find biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast, along with make-your-own breakfast sandwiches and the regular continental breakfast fare. My truck was supposed to be ready to go the first thing the following morning, but my departure and checkout were delayed while waiting for an additional part to arrive. The lady working the front desk was quite understanding about my situation and was fine with letting me stay in the room past the regular checkout time. As the time got a bit later, I was concerned about the housekeeping staff getting in to prep the room for the next guest. The lady at the front desk said that whenever I needed to get out of the room, I was welcome to stay in their indoor pool area, rather than the gas station next door, as I waited for the truck to be repaired. Incidentally, the pool area almost made me want to run out and buy some trunks during my stay. Overall a very good stay under difficult circumstances. I would stay here again under any circumstances.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick D
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This is basically a truck stop.

We walked into a very strong Indian curry smell that permeated the entire lobby. No one was at the desk, so you have to pick up the phone to dial "0" for someone to come to attend to you.

The room key cards would not work and it took up to 3 tries and reprogramming, but it was finally fixed.

The room had a smell to it and the bath tub was so dirty, we skipped our showers altogether. The thermostat on the air unit was either cool or hot. The middle ranges wouldn't work.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Joanne L
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

The pool area was huge bar was nice bartender nice the middle eastern lady at the front desk was nice too. The bed was comfy and clean. Pillows were nice and firm usually bargin hotels have terrible pillows this place didn't. My only complaint was the chairs were on their last leg and a board was in my back when I sat on it. I got an appetizer sampler to share with my boyfriend and it was decent. Prices in the restaurant and bar are a little high but not shockingly high. I didn't get to breakfast I will def stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank krissibx
Reviewed August 2, 2013

In the month of May 2013, I made the reservation to this dirty, carpet stained, lousy AC (weather in high 95's+) motel. We had traveled over 8 hrs. to have the above mentioned conditions PLUS NO HOT water to shower that nite of ck-in OR the next morning. The middle-eastern desk clerk was not very concerned abt anything. It took almost 3 hrs. for the AC to even come up to COOL much less COLD! Have filed a complaint to ChoiceHotels. Beware!!!! I would RECCOMMEND you to LOOK at the room before paying. Look for the big obvious carpet stain in front of the beds in room 23. You have been warned! Safe & Happy travels to ALL! Sincerely, ELK

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Earlene K
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Arrived without reservation so room was $87 including tax. Nice big pool but water was a little too chilly for me but grandkid loved it. Hot tub was murky looking but had been well used that evening. Also had sauna. Room was newly carpeted, bath a bit outdated but clean. Mattress was brand new and VERY comfortable. Bedding was clean & had a slight smell of bleach. Our rooms were at end of hall and very quiet. (59 & 61) AC worked well, flat screen tv, internet worked well. Towels could have been better. Desk clerk was very helpful...gave us extra coffee and bit of discount on the room since we didn't want by the pool.
Breakfast was just standard fare. If you stay here, make advance reservation on internet for a better price on the room. Our family had no real complaints.

Room Tip: Everything is on one level. Rooms 59 & 61 are on the back side of the hotel and were VERY quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our group of 26 people was on our way back from a 7 day mission trip in Pine Ridge South Dakota. We had travelled 7 hours already and still had 13 hours back to Ohio the next day. This "oasis" in the small town of Jackson, MN was the perfect place to rejuvenate our spirits for the long trip ahead.
Bill Amin, the manager, allowed us to reserve all 10 rooms around the pool area so that he could keep it open past the usual closing time. This gave us an opportunity to spend some time just fellowshipping with one another, playing games, swimming and enjoying the whirlpool and sauna.
The rooms were spotless, the service was excellent, the on-site restaurant staff was friendly, and the menu and salad bar was plentiful.
The deluxe breakfast the next morning was included in the price and was truly "deluxe"! Most hotels only provide bagels, muffins and maybe some eggs or waffles. This place offered biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, waffles, and a huge assortment of other items. Awesome!
If you ever pass through Jackson, MN, I highly recommend you stop and visit Bill and the gang! They are top-notch.

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool have an interior access, but there may be some noise from the pool area un...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends