“Very Good Motel On A Budget”
Review of Earth Inn

and 1 more site!
Earth Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is not a luxury Inn. It doesn't need to be. It is a budget motel. They saved us $20+ from staying at a competitor. It's right off the freeway, and it was very quiet as the motel is built in ground.
When I first entered the lobby, I was a little taken back, "Ring buzzer for service" I haven't seen this in many years as the check in desk was a small booth with a glass window that you talk and conduct your transaction through. This is so they can lock it up and tend to laundry or your needs when not checking someone in. Actually this was kind of cool to see. It reminded me of taking a step back in time.
The host was very nice and made us feel very welcome. When I went back out to the car to retrieve my overnight bag, The host had opened the room door and turned the light on for us. Very nice gesture.
All rooms have a window to allow daylight in if you wish. No dust bunnies in sight, in fact the room looked nice and clean. The room was painted in earth tone colors and was very different from the average motel room you normally see. The room had a microwave, and small fridge. No in room coffee but that was available in the lobby. There was also a tower fan in the corner of the room if you needed it. I'm not sure if the room was air conditioned or not. It didn't matter as it was 58 degrees outside and very comfortable inside. One kind of neat thing is they had a small basket in the room that had a few clean rags for you to use as you wish in case you wanted to clean your shoes or that treasure you just picked up at the last yard sale you stopped at. This saves on the good towels I'm sure. The small shower had a soap and shampoo dispenser mounted inside which was nice to have. My wife asked for an extra pillow and it was brought to our room very quickly with a smile.
The motel is completely non smoking, so if you smoke, don't plan on doing so inside. They are very strict about that and won't stand for it as the room had warning notes regarding it.
The best about the room was that large flat screen television mounted on the wall. Our night was very quiet and our lights were out at 10PM and we were gone by 6AM the next morning. This motel seems to be run like that old rental car company that had the motto, "We Try Harder"
Would we stay there again? Of course!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 106Sparky110
There are newer reviews for Earth Inn

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I haven't even checked out yet, but I'm so glad I checked in. When I called to see if there were rooms available, they were great on the phone. Arrived & was greeted by a genuine host, very kind and hospitable. Even unlocked my door & turned on the light for me while I grabbed my bags! Room has been updated NICELY (could do without the wallpaper border) paint is awesome, creative! Clean -- even had colored towels, nice change of pace. I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Beerli
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were returning from a long road trip out West and couldn't make it all the way home, so we searched for a place to rest. Knowing that it would be just a few hours before we hit the road again, we didn't want to spend too much on an upscale room; we didn't need amenities, just a comfortable bed. The Earth Inn fit the bill, but still had some drawbacks. My biggest requirement: that the room be clean, and the bed comfortable. It achieved both of these, making it adequate and economical for a five-hour snooze -- but I wouldn't wouldn't recommend it as home base for an extended stay. It's a perfect case of "you get what you pay for." The pillows were horrendous, the bedspread and towels were thin, and the ventilation was nil. Upside: friendly folks, convenient to highway, clean, sleep-able (with your own pillow in tow). We will likely stop there again on next year's road trip West, and will come armed with a few necessities for a more comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Our room was very nice sized with two comfortable beds, frig, TV. Very clean, (which I am very particular about) and great service. Very friendly owner and super accommodating. Would definitely recommend and would stay at again!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Don't miss this place if your in Jackson!!! Very clean and comfortable with great service! I'm never sure about a locally owned non franchised motel however I'm was extremely impressed with everything especially the great prices. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: They even offer a firm mattress or pillow top.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very nice place to stay, if you are looking for something clean and quiet at a cheap price. Gas station/DQ/Diner in the parking lot, so very handy for some cheap food and supplies. Nice staff, and very unique concept. It seemed very safe and cozy in our "underground" room.
However, it was definitely a small room, with a small old TV and the cable was fuzzy. There was no bath tub, just a stand up shower, although it was very clean for how old it looks. And finally, i really hope they get softer beds. Ours was pretty darn stiff. Also, they need 4 pillows on the 1 bed rooms. Me and the wife need a couple pillows each!
All in all, I would definitely recommend staying here, just to say you did it. It was fun for a night, and its always good to support a local business.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here one night in July, 2012. It is an American owned Mom & Pop place and they have updated it recently. My room was very clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. My queen bed was a pillow-top. They are very friendly. They offered a breakfast with rolls, toast, cereal, oatmeal, juice and coffee. All of this with my Senior discount was a total of $43.00 (that includes the tax). Wow! You will not find that price too often! Call ahead to reserve as it is a small place and they fill up during the summer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ruth B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Jackson
#1 of 3 in Estherville
Okoboji Commons Hotel
Okoboji Commons Hotel
#3 of 6 in Okoboji

Been to Earth Inn? Share your experiences!