“Overpriced for lunch”

Dining options: Late Night
Lansing, Illinois
“Overpriced for lunch”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Everyone knows Applebees food, and its pretty good for a chain. They are really expensive for a family of 4, let me tell you, for what you get. We had a $25 gift certificate from the local Microtel to eat there, and we had to eat there during the day since we'd be gone at night. Well, on the weekend, there is no lunch menu available. You have to order off the dinner menu at noon. Ridiculous. My poor husband looked so starved I had him order his own burger dinner, and my 12 year old I had lie about his age and order chicken fingers off the kid menu. That left my teen daughter and I to share the steak and potatoes dinner (the only meal that looked like it might feed 2), to keep us as close as possible to the $25 gift card. We just about satiated our hunger, with me filling up on coffee and my sons leftovers ( he is a light eater), and still went over the $25, drinking one coffee and water. All we wanted was lunch. Stupid, moneygrubbing policy. The food was all good, even the steak. Too expensive.

• Visited July 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My sister and I ate there with our aunt and our meals were amazing. It was busy but the servers were attentive and always at our table asking if we needed refills or anything else. It's right across the street from the hotel we stayed at, perfect!

Visited July 2012
Warner Robins
“Applebees - Excellent Service”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Good food, great server, timely service and good value.

Visited June 2012
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Applebee's is loooooosssing its touch”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

The food was of poor quality, and all they are pushing was Alchohol.

Visited October 2011
IGH
“Raw Steak”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Ordered steak well done and it came rare. It happened twice. I don't think I will go back because they can't get it right.