“Nice for the money”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver Grove Heights
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised by the nice rooms. I have paid twice as much in rural areas for older not as nice rooms. Staff was efficient and friendly. I will stay again when in the area. The breakfast area was limited and did not have as many options as I'm accustom to, but I don't pick a hotel on the free breakfast. There are restaurants with in walking distance and I would recommend Old World Pizza across the street

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver Grove Heights

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We found the hotel to be clean and the beds were very comfortable. The pool area had hot tub and sauna. Our grandson had a great time in the pool. We found the breakfast to be very good and had waffles and biscuits and gravy plus many other things. For the price, it was a very good choice. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I travel frequently for business and most often select mid-line hotels in Hilton property brands. I've found my expectations to be consistently met and the overall experience to be a known factor rather than unknown. When traveling frequently, I don't want unknown things to surprise me especially when rest is involved.

When we booked a room at this Americinn for a recent family wedding here, I knew I couldn't be expecting a Hilton property. I naturally lowered my expectations -- who knows how the room would cleaned, how the food would be, how comfortable the bed would be, etc.

I was not disappointed. In fact, I could even go so far as to say I was pleasantly surprised.

I flew into town and got the hotel's *free* shuttle from the airport. (Not uncommon for airport-area hotels, but this was a treat not billed as an MSP "airport-area" hotel.)
Got to our room which is incredibly spacious and well laid out. With two kids in tow, we had more than enough space for all their stuff and still walk around without stepping on eachother. In-room microwave and fridge are also nice factors with the kids.
Breakfast was average. Nothing special, but nothing awful.
As far as extras go, the free WiFi is great to have and a good pool proved to be a nice play place for the kids (though the water was awfully cold).
While the hotel seems tucked in a goofy location, there is a good assortment of restaurants nearby which is convenient.

If I had one complaint it would be that a meeting/party room was right below ours, which made it awfully noisy late into the night.

I did hear that others in our extended family had troubles with room assignments/reservations and other miscommunications with staff. I can't speak to the details, as I don't know them, but there may be a marginal window to prove that things overall may not be as great here as my personal experience was.

If you're expecting high-end or modern fixtures and über-class, you will likely be disappointed. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay, this may do the trick.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel was clean and the services good. We had stayed at a Days Inn for the same amount that was not nearly as nice or clean. Bed was comfortable, breakfast good, room very roomy and clean. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

1. FDesk lost my reservation so the day we showed up we almost didnt have a room. Claimed they couldnt find me in the system even though iv been there before.

2. Saw that my credit card was "authorized" double the amount i expected but didnt think anything of it since I assumed it was just for "incidentals" and wasnt actually charged.

3. Then found out my card was charged that double amount A N D the actual rate i had been quoted.

4. over the course of 2 weeks i left numerous messages for management (by the way who the night auditor says is a complete waste of space) several voicemails with no return call.

5. Finally called the Americinn complaint department whom they couldnt even get a hold of management for several days.

The place isnt that big or fancy, its a hotel, not a rocket ship. Theres no reason the moron management there couldnt return a phone call. I was completely nice up until about the third phone call with no return.

6. Finally about 4 weeks later I saw a credit to my account for ONLY the amount they over charged me with no explanation.

Will never stay here again and cancelled our reservations here for our family reunion in December.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LauraandRyan
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed one night. Took advantage of the shuttle service to the MOA. Room was clean and smelled good. Front desk personnel was friendly and kind. The bed was very comfortable. Pool was perfect temperature and the breakfast was great! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

As others have said, I expect more from an AmericInn. Dated furnishings, scratchy sheets, crowded lobby during breakfast. Good location for south metro excursions though. Emma Crumbee's across the road is a better bet for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inver Grove Heights
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Inver Grove Heights/Minneapolis
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in Inver Grove Heights
Holiday Inn Express St Paul S - Inver Grove Hgts
Holiday Inn Express St Paul S - ...
#2 of 3 in Inver Grove Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eagan
EnVision Hotel St. Paul South
EnVision Hotel St. Paul South
#1 of 1 in South Saint Paul
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan
Hyatt Place St Paul / Downtown

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver Grove Heights? Share your experiences!