“Good enough”

Add it.
Vaughn's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hoyt Lakes
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a no frills eatery catering to local tastes and wallets in a rural small town with friendly service and acceptably simple food - eggs and bacon, biscuits and gravy etc.

There are newer reviews for Vaughn's Restaurant

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were shocked to be told in no uncertain terms that it was time to leave at 8 pm (the minute they closed) when we had arrived at 7, and it took 30 minutes to get the food after we ordered. Then they brought out my pasta and said they screwed up my husband's order and made a sandwich instead, so more waiting. They had no problem letting us order a second beer but weren't willing to give us the time to actually drink it. The waitress was sweet, but she offered me a birthday sundae when she realized it was my birthday, and then told us sorry you can't have it because it's too late. Now, granted I'm a grown woman and do not NEED a sundae; however, after offering it to me they probably could have given us the 10 minutes to eat it especially since we had already boxes brought out for 75% of our food! We also sat near the kitchen as we wanted a booth, hearing the cooks sing along to the radio was amusing and even enjoyable on a casual Saturday night; listening to them curse up a storm for the last 30 minutes however was not. I'm no dainty flower, but it was a bit rude. Food was good, but you have to wonder when the waitress steers you away from a ribeye towards a simple penne...

1  Thank mswenson5378
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is as very nice small town restaurant. They offer beer and wine, not hard liquor. We had a nice late lunch there today. Our server was highly efficient and very pleasant, the burgers were excellent. They offer 3 sizes of burgers, we opted for the largest ones. Large is right! I took half mine home. My companion ate all his but was quite stuffed. I ordered a jalapeno cheeseburger, my companion ordered a bacon cheeseburger. They absolutely did NOT skimp on the jalapenos, bacon or cheese. They also have an 'early bird' (till 5PM) dinner menu of items at bargain prices. Next time I want to try the liver & onions on the early bird menu. The decor is small town rustic and comfortable, not fancy, but there is a working fireplace in the dining room. We sat by the big windows. The view isn't spectacular but there's a field across the road which is nice.