“Positive review not posted, why?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hoyt Lakes
Country Inn of Hoyt Lakes
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoyt Lakes
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Positive review not posted, why?”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I gave this establishment a positive review approximately one week ago. it was not acknowledged or posted. I repeat this was an enthusiastic four star review, only quibble being my distaste for prepackaged ingredients of serve yourself breakfast, an unfortunate staple of the modern motel. Otherwise the place was clean, comfortable, quiet, friendly and attentive, a model of hospitality I wish busier, bigger chain motels would follow.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cloquet, Minnesota
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We arrived to the hotel in Hoyt Lakes and I was immediately struck by how beautiful it was inside. The lobby has a lovely fireplace with a great moose head mount above it. Everything was neat as a pin and still very cozy. We went to our room (which was the whirlpool suite) and I was pleasantly surprised. The website photos do not do this hotel justice. The linens were crisp and white, the paint colors had been updated. Again, it was completely spotless and yet warm and inviting. The tub was large enough for two easily. We enjoyed the pool and hot-tub area, it was large and nice (and of course clean). The pool was that perfect temperature where you don't get the shock of cold water but still refreshing. The next morning we had the continental breakfast with waffles-yummy! I would stay here anytime I was on the range even if I didn't specifically need to stay in Hoyt Lakes. The only thing I would recommend is that they get rid of the border on the top of the wall in the room-they've done such a nice job updating and this just kind of throws off the look. The service was excellent and the town was a lot of fun to just meander around in. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We LOVED the whirlpool suite. It was nice and spacious-not one of those where you're practicall...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed here for 5 weeks on business. The first thing you'll notice is the Christmas cabin-like feel of the hotel - very welcoming. The staff is amazingly friendly. They care how you're doing, ask how your stay is going, and really get to know the people who stay at the hotel. The rooms are very clean and the hotel felt like it was new (even though it's 19 year old). A very nicely upkept hotel with excellent staff. Truely was a home away from home!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 15, 2014

A warm and cozy feeling upon entrance, comfortable beds and rooms, a quiet, rested stay, and a very welcoming and professional manager - Suzanne - made us feel right at home at this hotel. Very clean and accommodating. Made our visit extra special knowing we had a great place to stay after visiting family. Breakfasts were great and the manager was very attentive to everyon. Great to get out of the City and enjoy the elements of some small town restfulness and attentiveness....I would recommend this hotel for those wanting to even travel to the north shore as you can come 'in shore' to experience this place and take the scenic highway in and out of Hoyt Lakes to the North Shore (Two Harbors to Hoyt Lakes Road) and escape the craziness of busy'ness and City life in....now back to reality. Also, it is a good fishing area with nearby lakes, and walking trails.

Room Tip: Rooms on the one side have scenic views of the woods and you may get lucky and spot wildlife.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We made the trek from Winnipeg for some skiing at Giants Ridge. The roads were horrible, so what should have been a 6 hour drive, was over 8 hours. When we finally arrived, we were greeted with smiles and a cozy, warm, christmassy atmosphere. There was a fire going, and a cookie jar full of yummy ginger snaps waiting for us. We were offered a main floor room when the hostess noticed my husband had an injured knee. Off to such a good start!

When we arrived at our room - we were again so impressed. It was cozy and warm, clean and very comfortable. We've stayed at other hotels where the room was literally freezing when we got there, and we've had to jack the heat up just so that we could take off our jackets. Not here. It's like they pre-warmed it for us. SO NICE!

Breakfast was good, and the general manager even popped in to introduce herself, and to ask if we were enjoying our stay, and whether there was anything she could get us.

The hot tub was great after a day of skiing. Our son loved the pool and the large table hockey as well.

We found a great restaurant in Aurora: Megan's Family Restaurant. Awesome home-cooked meals at an affordable price.

When the weather became too frigid to ski another day, we were not penalized for leaving a day early.

Overall, the staff here are among the friendliest and most helpful we've ever encountered. The hotel offers a cozy and warm home away from home. We'll be back; just have to wait until the deep freeze is over :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hager City, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We enjoyed another stay at the Country Inn of Hoyt Lakes this past weekend. We always enjoy staying there because of the clean rooms, the courteous service, and, because this time the temperature was -25 F on Saturday morning, we especially loved the coziness of the room. We were in town for a family celebration. We'll definitely stay again!

Room Tip: 218 was great. It faces the woods instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Suzanne B, General Manager at Country Inn of Hoyt Lakes, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful Review. Yes it does get cold in Hoyt Lakes, but I'm so happy you found the staff and hotel warm!
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I travel all over for business. Over the years, I've learned that staying in bigger towns or cities is preferable just because there is more competition and hotels will work hard to earn your business. Sometimes, when there is no competition, staff becomes less interested and the facilities falter.

NOT the case at the County Inn-Hoyt Lakes. The rooms are being updated. The staff takes great pride in the service they deliver and the facilities. There is a moose head in the lobby and it was being cleaned while I was there. Who does that? The Country Inn-Suites of Hoyt Lakes does that.

I was there for a family funeral. The staff treated me as if I was their family (I grew up there). But that wasn't because I was a hometown girl. I am an avid eavesdropper and I heard all of the staff treating every single guest as if they had grown up in the town and they were part of the family. It didn't matter who or why -- you were welcome and respected.

If service isn't your priority, it doesn't matter because the accommodations are excellent and the staff takes great pride in providing a comfortable, clean, and safe environment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gretchen B
Suzanne B, General Manager at Country Inn of Hoyt Lakes, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank You so very much for the great review! We are all so happy you felt at home! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoyt Lakes
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia
Junction Inn Suites & Conference Center

Been to Country Inn of Hoyt Lakes? Share your experiences!