“Perfect B&B”

Maypole Farm B&B
Maypole Farm B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Cawood B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Due to my partners work commitments in Selby, I decided to join him one week & we were looking for a 'home away from home' & we found that at Maypole Farm B&B. My partner stayed there on his own a week earlier and he raved on & on about it, but I had to judge for myself.
Maypole Farm B&B is located in a small village of Cawood, one general store/post office & 3 pubs. The area is very peaceful & tranquil. The B&B is located across from one of the 3 pubs & in front of a bus stop No.42 bus to York. Return bus ticket is a bargain at £5.40.

I didn't have high exceptions, as it’s a B&B in a small village, and it was way cheaper than your budget hotels where they charge for WiFi but its free here. The owners, Jeff & Sue exceeded my expectations in every way. We were greeted and shown our room. We stayed in the Garden room; it was a good size room, beautiful fireplace with a clean en-suite bathroom. The room felt very warm & welcoming.

It was a nice surprise to find mints on our pillows, milk, coffee, white & brown sugar, diet sugar, tea, biscuits, hot chocolate available to us. This was refilled daily too! Also Egyptian cotton towels, shower gel, shampoo & soap were supplied. The finishing touches & extras in the room topped it off, eg. Very handy to have a Febreze air freshener spray in the bathroom lol, hand & body lotion, cotton buds (I always forget to bring these when I'm away), cotton balls, razor, sewing kit, hot water bottle, safe deposit box in room, hair dryer, etc. There is a whole load of books & DVD’s available to all guests. There is a pamphlet stand with things to do in the surrounding areas, takeaway menus, other info like bus times, taxi etc. The communal area has a billiards table, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee & tea. The garden area is nice but the weather wasn't exactly the best, so we didn't really spend too much time outside & there was a hot tub too but again weather was miserable. If I did go outside it was to say hello to the chickens.

As soon as you leave your room in the morning, to make your way down to the breakfast table you can smell the freshly baked croissants lingering in the air. *sniffs* ahhhhh
Breakfast was a feast every morning. I was spoiled for choice. Variety of cereal, muesli, granola, rice cakes, croissants, snack bars, fresh berries, dried fruit & nuts, jams, marmalades, butter, spreads, yoghurts and so on. Hot breakfast was made to order.

I am trying to think of a negative and I can't find any faults. Only negative is about the lack of mobile towers in the area, as I had no reception on O2. But I wouldn't expect there to be an ugly tower to ruin the beautiful countryside anyway.

I can’t praise Jeff & Sue enough. I felt I've known both of them for years. They are very nice, friendly, and helpful. They always ensured our stay comfortable & went out of their way to accommodate our needs.
Overall, my partner & I had a wonderful comfortable stay. For the price, we received way more than we expected. You don’t receive this kind of personal & friendly service at hotels. I highly recommend Maypole Farm B&B. Thank you Jeff, Sue & Bella (gorgeous dog who loves a good fussing)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ozzziee

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at Maypole Farm overnight as we were visiting some friends staying at a caravan site in the area. We were made very welcome by owner Jeff and shown to a very charming en-suite room with excellent attention to detail. After an excellent nights sleep in a very comfy bed we were treated to a fabulous breakfast which had anything you could wish for. My only regret was that we weren't staying longer! I much prefer staying in places like Maypole Farm with its friendly owners, to large hotels whose customer service can often leave a lot to be desired. Will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thinlizzie1961
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed for a weekend, and had a great time. The Hosts are excellent, (Sue & Jeff) and really make you feel at home. Breakfasts are fabulous, pack you eating trousers, it's a great spread of fresh fruit , cereals, fresh baked croissants, topped of with a full english. The reviews on here pretty much sum it up, excellent !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MatthewKnott
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We overnighted at Maypole Farm B&B and were very impressed with every aspect of it. Sue and Jeff were excellent hosts, room was comfortable, breakfast excellent and there were also a few extra touches that added to the experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ken W
MaypoleFarm, Owner at Maypole Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We are glad we made your stay at Maypole Farm B&B to your satisfaction and look forward to your next return visit. Regards Jeff & Sue

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at Maypole Farm B and B and were extremely impressed. Sue and Jeff have paid attention to every detail, the rooms are quiet, very comfortable and everything you could possibly require supplied. Breakfast is excellent and beautifully presented with a huge choice. Would definately recommend and it is outstandingly good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire S

We thank you for your generous comments and hope to see you again on your return visit to this area. Regards Jeff & Sue

Reviewed June 14, 2013

As always the welcome and hospitality of Jeff and Sue was excellent. Friendly atmosphere excellent value for money made to feel at home.
Rooms are very good with all that you require for your stay there, in an excellent location to be able to visit York, Leeds and Selby which are all very close by.
Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank murray w
MaypoleFarm, Manager at Maypole Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit. Regards Jeff & Sue

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Superb location. homely atmosphere. fantastic hosts. from the moment you arrive you feel welcome and as if nothing is to much of a problem more than a B+B WOULD STAY AGAIN WITHOUT HESITATION will be booking again for next year as soon as dates are confirmed

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 260359rob
MaypoleFarm, Owner at Maypole Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Been to Maypole Farm B&B? Share your experiences!