“Too much money”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Hinckley

Days Inn Hinckley
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hinckley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Savage, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here Friday 11/2. We were told when we made our reservation that the pool wasn't open. Since we had no plans to use the pool it didn't bother us. The building is a bit old, but that wasn't a problem either. That's another thing we already knew when we reserved our room.

The staff was very courteous and helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable. Because Saturday was the Minnesota deer season opener and many hunters were staying there, the continental breakfast bar was opened at 4:00 am that morning. We didn't get up until 7:30 but there was still plenty of breakfast available.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DaysInnH, General Manager at Days Inn Hinckley, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I want to thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! My staff are very friendly people who want to make everyone feel at home when they are here. They will go above and beyond to make sure that you will leave happy. We are doing some refurbishing of the place and I am sure that will make everyone happy when they come in and see some of the great things we have done. Thank you again!
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place is only in business due to the huge casino just down the road we stayed here as a last resort and would never stay again. Our room had no smoke detector. The pool was closed the ice machine broken. When we were checking out in the morning two sheriffs were picking up two felons that had stayed there the night before. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nathan b
I want to thank you for taking time to review our property. You mentioned in your review that you had no smoke detector in your room, the pool was closed and the ice machines were broken. You also mentioned that the cops were here arresting a couple of people. Since this review, the hot tub is in full operation and the pool is open again but will be temporarily shut down in the future for repairs. The ice machines have been fixed and all rooms have smoke detectors. I apologize that you had to witness the cops arresting a couple of people. We try to ensure that everyone that stays with us will not cause any kinds of problems but when they do we have to remove them from the property to ensure the safety of our guests. Ownership continues to invest in the property to bring it up in quality. 1/3 of the rooms have already been refurbished and all will be complete in early 2013. Unfortunately, I, as General Manager, was out for surgery from June through October 2012 and during this time some major items took a backseat to my recovery even though I thought I could get them accomplished. Since my return, all the items have been aggressively worked on and a lot has been fixed. I encourage anyone that has any questions or concerns to call me directly at 320-384-7751 so that I might have a chance to make your decision to stay with us easier.
Palo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was very pleased with the room we stayed it was clean and quiet which we like. You know there is not anything else I can say about this motel. It is located in a nice area and convenience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnH, General Manager at Days Inn Hinckley, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our property. Its great to hear the positive side to things and we are very happy that you were pleased with your stay. Our staff is very friendly and does their best to make sure that every need of our guests are met and exceeded. We value your feedback and our staff takes pride in being recognized! There are a lot of changes going on here with a lot of new improvements being made. Thank you!
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having read several reviews on this place, we were prepared for the worst. We arrived about 3:30 in the afternoon for check in. They found our on line reservation, we already knew that the pool was closed and the hot tub. The room phones were not working and so were the ice machines, the price for the room was reduced by $4.

We drove to the back of the place and found our room, why do old hotels always have the smell of the old folks homes I remember from my childhood?. We noted that the room had been closed up for sometime and open the windows. It was clean and the frig was working, we didn't try the microwave. We decided we needed a candle to help freshen the place up and walked to the Holiday gas station, no luck there. So it was off to the grocery store for some snacks and a candle and then on to the casino.

Other than the room having been closed up, no room phone service and the ice machines not working, it was ok for the night. We did however get the feeling that this place is on its way out and they are just trying to get every last dime they can before they close it up and rebuild. I'd bet the place was built when the freeway came through in the late 60s .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking time to review our property. Some of the concerns mentioned above include, non-functional pool, hot tub, phones and ice machines. Also mentioned was the smell of the room. Since this review, the phone system has been replaced, the ice machines are in working order and a new cleanliness accountability program has been implemented. The hot tub is in full operation and the pool is open again but will be shut down temporarily in the future for repairs. Ownership is continuing to invest in the property to bring it up on quality. 1/3 of the rooms have already been refurbished and all will be complete in early 2013. Unfortunately, I, as General Manager was our for surgery from June through October 2012 and during this time some major items took a backseat to my recovery even though I thought I could get them accomplished. Since my return, all the items have been aggressively worked on and a lot has been fixed. I encourage anyone that has any questions or concerns to call me directly at 320-384-7751 so that I might have a chance to make your decision to stay with us easier.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinckley
#4 of 6 in Hinckley
#1 of 1 in Finlayson
Grantsburg Inn
Grantsburg Inn
#1 of 2 in Grantsburg

Been to Days Inn Hinckley? Share your experiences!