“TERRIBLE-Go if you want people to be rude to you”

Grand Casino Hinckley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hinckley
Nekoosa
“TERRIBLE-Go if you want people to be rude to you”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My friends and I have had bad experiences both times. Both times they closed the pool, the machines are tight and the service is extremely RUDE. They had told us to preregister and come back later to a different line when our rooms were ready, so when we came back they told us to get back in the long line again. They actually were yelling at us. One lady was nice enough to call the manager, but the one "customer service" just glared at us. The free room is defineately not worth the 5 hour trip. They can send us all the free stuff they want, but we will never go there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank leah12nekoosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This casino is nothing but rude and disrespectful. I've been here numerous times and spent a lot of money (as well as my group) and we were treated like dirt. The customer service is so unbelievably rude that we left.

My reccommendation is that you drive the extra half hour to Black Bear Casino, at least I was treated with respect there. This casino is not worth your time and MOST DEFINITELY not your money.

If you come in contact with a girl named Tonya at the bar and grill; run because she is the nastiest person you will meet. She caused nothing but problems for our group.

• Stayed December 2010
4 Thank hells2003
Grand Marais, Minnesota
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My wife and I stay at the Grand Casino Hinkley every now and then. We are always greated by the front desk staff with a smile and pleasant greeting. The casino is the best in minnesota for gaming. Many choices of machines in different denomintion of play. The representatives on the floor are always cleaning and serving beverages to the guest. The hotel is well appointed for anyone's needs. We always enjoy our stays at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cdwringer
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I went here to celebrate my birthday and had the worst experience. The staff at reservations was not only rude but very racist! They had no reason to get out of line with my family and I. They lied to the owner and had us kicked out. When we asked for a reason, he said that he didn't have to give us one. I guess it explained why we were the ONLY people of color in there. We are CLEARLY not welcomed!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank CeeM89
Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Our room was clean and spacious, beds were very, very soft. Almost felt like a waterbed. Casino was extremely smoky and filled with zillions of slot machines. Took us a while to find the table games. We golfed at the nearby course and that was very nice. Food was better than expected for a casino hotel.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lanzie99
Merrifield, Minnesota
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The hotel I stayed at was the one over by Tobies. Being is was one of Grand Casino Hinckleys properties I did expect it to be nice. IT WASN'T !!! The room was dirty, cups in the bathroom were cracked before I even used them and the sink in bathroom was clogged. For $90 plus dollars I did expect better. I felt I got a leftover room even though I had made a reservation months in advance.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank judge28
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Having visited casinos in most of Canada and the United States I would rate the Grand Hotel and Casino, Hinckley, as equivalent in service, accommodation and gaming to any of the better venues. We have just completed our third two night visit during the past three months and are planning our next mini holiday. The staff in every department starting at the front desk and continuing throughout to the casino floor are knowledgeable and courteous, the food is great, and the rooms are clean, comfortable and exceptionally quiet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinckley
Grand Hinckley Inn
#1 of 1 in Finlayson
Grantsburg Inn
Grantsburg Inn
#1 of 2 in Grantsburg

Been to Grand Casino Hinckley? Share your experiences!