“FABULOUS Winter Wonderland”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hinckley
Minden, Nevada
“FABULOUS Winter Wonderland”
Reviewed April 3, 2008

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. We stayed in the main hotel tower. Had a sweeping view of snow covered hills out our 14th floor room window. Enclosed pool area was fantastic. Rooms are spotless and well maintained. Thumbs up 100%.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MikkiD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
St. Paul, Mn
Reviewed November 29, 2007

We go here often. In the summer for the gambling and golf and the winter for the gambling and get-a-way. We always order breakfast in the room and it always astounds us that the eggs are still hot upon arrival. The rooms have always been neat and clean and the housekeeping staff have been very patient with us when we haven't vacated it in a timely manner. We find the price very fair and the staff helpful. We would have no problem staying at the Grand Casino Hotel again.

Stayed August 2007
3 Thank compilliterate
ely08
Reviewed September 9, 2007

Unable to book online directly through the Grand Casino website. Stayed in the newly remodeled wing. Our room was nice-clean and comfy; however the hotel staff left much to be desired. The hotel staff, (check-in, valet, security, restaurant, bellman, night manager, etc) were not able to answer or help with the most simple of requests or questions. From what restaurant options do we have on-site to how late is the pool open.
Unless I was going strictly for gambling I would never stay at the Grand Casino Hinckley Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank ely08
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2007

Two adults and two teenagers stayed here in mid-November 2006. We were in the area for family events, and actually did not gamble at the casino. The main reason to stay at the hotel is the casino, as there are very few other activities in the local area, especially in winter. Overall there were no problems, and the room was nice, especially for the price we paid.

• Liked — Nicely appointed room, great value
  • Disliked — Unless one is gambling, not much else here
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank Jon Z
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 1, 2007

i have stayed at the casino many tines over the last 6 yrs .since they have started the construction to expand i feel the over all quality of the casino has slipped. the food at the grill however is still good. large portions at reasonable prices. i play alot of slots and they have a excellent variety. i think they have tightened them up to pay for the construction. the comps have been scaled back for sure. i think the way to go is to stay across the street. clean rooms same price as the casino. they have a great pool and a free continental breakfast. just take the free shutle to the casino. we still like hinkley and are goining back in january

• Liked — courteous check in people live bands seven nights a week
  • Disliked — when you call to book room hard to get through and people on the phone are often rude
  • Tips/Secrets — stay across the street free continental breakfast free shuttle to the casino
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
8 Thank tallpike
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 10, 2006

the housekeeping staff left my room dirty with the coffee pot had coffee in there already with out me making any. weird. the sheets were not changed and the previous occupant had had a little "accident" in them the night before. i was a stayover and i was missing some money after the maids left the next day. not alot, im no millionaire, but it was enough to be noticed. the pool area was inadequate and the towels were too small for my large body... im over 6'5" tall. the beds were too short. there were not enough non-smoking rooms and were then subject to a smoking room. phew. ish. i disdain smoke in all forms. i would not come back here if you paid me to.

• Stayed February 2004
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 31, 2005

We arrived at the Grand Casino Hinckley Hotel in the early evening on 10/26/05. Check in was quick and painless. We (my sister and I) had a double queen room. I was very pleased with the room and hotel (and the price of $50 was a good value).
A friend picked us up and brought us to a pizza place in Hinckley...I forget the name. But it was some of the best pizza I have had in a long time. The restaurant was a little place on the main street in Hinckley... atmosphere wasn't much, but it was REALLY great food! We returned to the casino to try our luck. Well, I didn't do so hot, but I played for 4 hours (slots, vp, and blackjack) on $50. My sister had better luck and played the nickel slots and won a total of $80. I thought that the casino is pretty smoky and could use a little better ventilation system. I don't know if it's any more smoky than other local casinos, I'm just comparing it to my experience with Las Vegas casinos.
The shower in our room (on the 7th floor) was VERY weak. But I thought the bathroom was very spacious, lots of countertop space.
It seemed like most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. In the morning we checked out of our room with the tv on screen checkout. It was very easy and convienient.
There is some construction going on outside of the casino (they're adding on and making the hotel bigger). However, we never noticed any noise in our room.
We did not eat at the hotel/casino, so I cannot comment on that.
Overall, I liked the hotel (great room for the price) and plan to stay there in June for a friends wedding in the area. I don't think I would make a special trip up there just for the gaming however.

17 Thank mommaneedsatrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinckley
Grand Hinckley Inn
#1 of 1 in Finlayson
Grantsburg Inn
Grantsburg Inn
#1 of 2 in Grantsburg

Been to Grand Casino Hinckley? Share your experiences!