Americas Best Value Inn
$86
$89
$87
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleanaffordable place to staylocal casinoallow petscold cerealnorthern minnesotamotellaundrymnratesshuttle
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay in a pinch but I wouldn't recommend staying here if other options are available.

Upon arriving to the hotel, the front desk clerk was very put off and frustrated...not with us but in general. Yes, I do not expect 5 star service but I do expect a positive demeanor an a helpful attitude. Instead we felt we were inconveniencing her.

The room we stayed in was seriously dated. The carpet is just plain gross, the tv was from the early 90s, maybe earlier. The chair in the room were dirty to the naked eye, as was the in-room coffee pot. I'm guessing the bed spread hadnt been laundered in sometime either.

To me the staff seems to be lazy and put off with doing their job...the right way. I expected more in terms of service and quality of room for $90 a night...not a lot more but seriously...the place was kind of a dump.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank BigMinnie
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

I would like to thank you for letting us know where improvement is needed. We are an older hotel and we are making changes to the rooms. We realize some of the rooms need to be updated and we are in the process of doing so. We try to credit our success in the lodging industry with good accommodations and customer service and I apologize if you felt you did not receive that from us.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We only live about 70 miles away from this hotel, but because we did not want to get up early to go to Saint Croix State Park, we stayed here for the night so the next morning we could go to the park early, but without waking up at 4 - 5 am in the morning. Not clean as the ceiling beams were covered with spider web, there was hair on the bathroom floor, and it smelled funny. Also, it was very, very loud. I would not stay here again. We checked out at 6:00 AM and the breakfast was not there yet, so can't comment on that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ia T
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We went there for an overnight last week whilst seeing a concert at the casino. Very nice, clean rooms. Looked to be recently remodeled( we saw three rooms - ours and our friends'). One of our firends had an issue with the squeakly hallway, but we slept through it!
Comp B'fast left a lot to be desired, but we weren't there for that anyway. would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I recently stayed at this motel. I had read the reviews for this property and they were quite critical, so I was a bit concerned with what I would encounter. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. The staff was excellent, the room was clean and very spacious. The continental breakfast was a bit lame, but I would stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: I asked for an upgrade and was given one at no extra cost. They were very willing to make my stay a pleasant one.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
abvihinckley, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

I would like to thank you for staying at Americas Best Value Inn Hinckley. We would like to thank you for your comments on our motel. We are working really hard in providing a clean room at an affordable price. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

This hotel is not only nasty to be at but it stinks and I was very afraid of catching something. Check very well for bed bugs because I am sure this hotel has them.... Would not recommend this hotel for anyone... It should be shut down and repaired because it does have great potential... but with different owners that would actually care about their customers and getting them back....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends