“dec 2012”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

excellant atmosphere, good prompt service, food 95% of the time excellant - we have been there several times and most dishes are excellant just once something was not as expected but otherwise great. We did experience a table next to us with one out of the four very drunk this time and that spoiled our time - he was loud and used foul language and the waitress still served him more liquor and was loud back at him. I wish they had given him a booth away in a corner not a table in the middle.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was seated in a nice big booth, ambiance was very mellow, cozy. Server was a little slow in getting to me, had to ask the host to find a server for me. Why is it when a restaurant is slow, so is the service? Law of nature I guess. I ordered the tournedos which were two mouth watering medallions of beef, touched with a delicious hollandaise and set atop fresh asparagus. Topping this display off were huge chunks of lobster. The salad was outrageous, the vegetables cooked perfectly and the augratin potatoes made me nearly gasp. One of the best meals ever--and at my age, there has been a few. Cost for the meal before tax and tip was $34 and very well worth every bite.Very bountiful and 1/2 of the meal is at home in my frig for tomorrow.

1  Thank sheilaannestuart
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is a stunning restaurant. Very beautiful and QUIET! The food here is the very best and the service is second to none. I highly recommend it!!

1  Thank JC F
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We loved everything about this restaurant located inside the Grand Casino. The food is very special.and wait staff are friendly and smile.

2  Thank minneapol
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I ate here a couple times out of desperation for a "good" meal instead of the bar&grill restaurants that proliferate where we live. And it's certainly not bad--it's perfectly pleasant, and if you happen to be in the area wanting to spend quite a bit of money for a good steak, you feel free. Atmosphere's pleasant and quiet, and the service is good.

But it's pretty uninspired; I've never found anything that struck me as interesting or above the norm. I've found myself driving the extra miles to Duluth when I want a really good meal instead of returning here.

1  Thank AJKamper