Hibbing Park Hotel
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
TripAdvisor
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsiron and ironing boardan older hotelpower stripdesk clerkfridge and microwavedryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2009

that was clean and friendly and quiet
with specialized places for dog walks and clean up
the staff were friendly and helpful
the room well appointed
we will stay there again

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petra58
Reviewed June 21, 2009

My mother and I stayed there to go to a funeral and we were sorely disappointed. First we requested a handicapped room and did not get it. There was no fan in the bathroom;the pillows smelled like sweat;the blanket smelled moldy. The shower just dribbled water out slightly and it was cold. We decided that we would go to Chisolm next time we go to Hibbing to visit family. My sister paid for the room and she felt really bad that she had to put us there. NEVER AGAIN. Also the woman that checked us in was dirty,her hair was not combed and she had very dirty fingernails. Also she was missing major teeth in her mouth. Nice reception. I would DEFINITELY recommend the restaurant. That was very good and the atmosphere was wonderful. The waitresses were nicely dressed and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2009
3  Thank queenb56
Reviewed January 30, 2009

We have stayed at the Hibbing Park Hotel off and on for better than twenty five years. It was very nice in it's day. Sadly, the owners have done very little to upgrade the hotel. There are only two hotels to choose from in town. My main concerns are smelly rooms. And the temperature in the rooms is hard to regulate. It's always too hot or too cold. Staff says they don't even make parts for the heating system. I must have a clean room, so I'm quick to let them know if it's not. On the positive side they have a pool. {Hot tub was closed again this time.} Grandma's in the Park has good food with the average plate being about 18.00. Lots of parking space. Beware of banquets or weddings as they are loud. Second floor is best in that case. Booking online is your best bet for prices. We stay here because it's close to our family's.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I stayed here for a week in freezing February. The hotel was pretty nice except that the amenities in my room were a little sketchy (the wireless was really unpredictable and the phone didn't work). The hotel restaurant was pretty good and the pool was nice. Also I really appreciated the workout room (but be advised this is not a gym).
If you have to stop in Hibbing this is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I know there are not a lot of options in Hibbing, which is why this hotel still survives. From the rude desk staff, to no elevators, musty, dated hot rooms. This place is truly a disgrace. My client booked a meeting room here which is the only reason I stayed here, but next year will choose anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business