“Beautiful in it's day......”
Review of Hibbing Park Hotel

Hibbing Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hibbing
Reviewed January 30, 2009

We have stayed at the Hibbing Park Hotel off and on for better than twenty five years. It was very nice in it's day. Sadly, the owners have done very little to upgrade the hotel. There are only two hotels to choose from in town. My main concerns are smelly rooms. And the temperature in the rooms is hard to regulate. It's always too hot or too cold. Staff says they don't even make parts for the heating system. I must have a clean room, so I'm quick to let them know if it's not. On the positive side they have a pool. {Hot tub was closed again this time.} Grandma's in the Park has good food with the average plate being about 18.00. Lots of parking space. Beware of banquets or weddings as they are loud. Second floor is best in that case. Booking online is your best bet for prices. We stay here because it's close to our family's.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 8, 2008

I stayed here for a week in freezing February. The hotel was pretty nice except that the amenities in my room were a little sketchy (the wireless was really unpredictable and the phone didn't work). The hotel restaurant was pretty good and the pool was nice. Also I really appreciated the workout room (but be advised this is not a gym).
If you have to stop in Hibbing this is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I know there are not a lot of options in Hibbing, which is why this hotel still survives. From the rude desk staff, to no elevators, musty, dated hot rooms. This place is truly a disgrace. My client booked a meeting room here which is the only reason I stayed here, but next year will choose anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank rioja44
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Just got back from staying at this hotel. Booked a king room and shortly after we got into the room we had to move due to plumbing problems and all they had was a room with two double beds on the second floor. No elevator in this hotel. One of the beds had what looked like wine or maybe blood stains on the sheet. The carpets need cleaning but over all the hotel appears clean. Housekeeping said they were very sorry for the sheets and the front desk was very sorry for having to move us. The plumbing probem is understandable but the sheets are not. I will stay at the Chisholm Inn the next time.

Grandmas is a great place to eat or go for a drink.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Truckerbob
Reviewed May 15, 2008

We stayed for two nights and arrived later in the evening. The room we were given left a lot to be desired. The bathroom was disgusting - the floor was horrible and I wet some tissues and pushed them around on the floor with my shoe. The tissues ended up dark brown. We had to put down a big bath towel so we didn't have to walk on the bathroom floor. There were bits of fuzz, nail clippings and dust on the carpeted area between the beds and the nightstand. Housekeeping wasn't doing their job in this room.
I went to the front desk the next morning and stood for 12 minutes and no one was there. I think she was the woman outside, smoking a cigarette and not paying attention to guests. One person was at the desk before me and said they had been waiting for assistance also.
We were out for the entire day and didn't return until late and just before midnight heard a couple loudly arguing. I called the front desk and nothing happened. I had to put my coat on over my pajamas and go to the front desk and tell them they better call the cops or somehow get that couple apart before something serious happened. We could hear the "f" word several times during their argument. So the next morning when I checked out I told the front desk about the bathroom floor and the poor cleaning of the carpet and the loud people in the room next door. She just made a sound like "hmmm" and didn't say anything else. VERY odd. I was expecting at least a "I'm so sorry about that!"
Go to the Chisholm Suites and Inn for a nicer place.... that's where we'll go in the future.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2008

Are stay was nice. Being where we live, we have firetrucks that fly by alot during the day. So nice not to hear any.
The only problem for a hotel size of over 200 rooms, they really need to take out 2 stair wells at each end of the property and put in elevators, because I have bad knees and going up and down the stairs really hurt them.
The rooms were clean, and that comes from being a ex suppervisor for maids.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2008

After a diffcult stay in Grand Rapids, was pleasantly surprised by the Park. Good staff, clean rooms, and good plumbing. A little worn, but the owners seem to be making an effort to maintain a reasonable level of amneties and professionalism in the staff.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hibbing
Hampton Inn Hibbing
#1 of 2 in Eveleth
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia

Been to Hibbing Park Hotel? Share your experiences!