Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanhot tubminor issuenice sizebreakfast attendantdecent stayduluth areahotel is locatedstayed one nightaverage hotelindoor poolwould stay againgreat place to staycontinental breakfastthe breakfast areadrivewaymall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I log about 300 nights a year in hotels across America. I tend to stay in 4 star chains. A cancellation on my part where I usually stay ( overpriced, poorly maintained, terribly managed WATER PARK ) landed me at this Econo Lodge. It was way more than I expected. The management has taken care to provide CLEAN, UPDATED rooms. CLEAN ?...the bathroom spotless. The bed, linens, chairs, couches, and flat screens, etc., all above par. From the lobby to the pool, to the breakfast area and beyond. CLEAN. The property was ablaze with potted annuals and relaxation areas. No unsightly dumpsters, plenty of parking and 5 minute access to the airport. Adjacent to restaurants, shopping, banking. SWEET. The desk manager, remarkably trained. Housekeeping co-operative. I had a GLASS TILED jacuzzi suite, with with more than ample room. Newly carpeted, quite hallways, and friendly faces. Things you don't find find for under $150 a night.

So despite what other reviews report about this NATIONAL chain, you can single this location out, as above and beyond. Saving my company money is not a concern when traveling.They want me happy. But I PLAN to stay here again next trip to Duluth.

Room Tip: Above the average "economy" type hotels. Book the Prime Suite for a valuable treat.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This property is run-down and a little ratty. Overall, the facility was moderately clean. Breakfast was good. The parking lot and approaches to it are pot-holed, and simply gaining access to the parking lot can be a challenge.

Being here on business, I spent most of my time away from the hotel. Considering I only slept and ate breakfast here, the facility served its purpose. If I was looking for a place to relax or enjoy a vacation, I would select another property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hot tub, pool, wi-fi, acceptable room... all make this Econo Lodge good enough when you need a place to stay. Nothing fancy, in fact, just the basics as you'd expect, but good enough. Only the location seems a little... underwhelming, but we had no issues.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here during Tall Ships Duluth. The hotel was full but it was quiet & clean. Beds were comfortable, breakfast was good. Front staff was friendly and helpful. Was a bit overpriced because of the Tall Ships weekend. Would stay again if visiting Duluth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room was OK, lots of parking when traveling with a RV. Breakfast was OK. Pet friendly for a 10$ fee but the pet area was small but OK. Close to the airport and lots of restaurants. I would probably not go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business