“Don't let the location fool you!”
Review of Zen House

Zen House
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Hermantown
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

When you look at the building for the first time and realize that the Zen House is attached to a gas station your first reaction might be to turn and run the other way. Please don't do that! The inside is very clean and lovely. The wait staff is super friendly and the food...oh my... It's the best sushi for your dollar in the Hermantown/Duluth area. Please give this place a try! You won't be sorry!

1  Thank Sarah Z

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Sadly, I'm not usually free for weekday lunches...otherwise I might just 'move in' at the Zen House.
Lunch specials are fantastic, beautifully presented, and dirt-cheap. My favorite of numerous choices: Salad, soba soup (with tofu, chicken or shrimp), gyoza pork dumplings, and vegetable tempura. Any ONE of these would be a $6 appetizer anywhere else; at the Zen House for lunch the entire meal is about seven dollars!
The food at this place is phenomenol, and dinners are also quite reasonable (compared to the other Japanese locations in town). The only thing lacking is the atmosphere; Zen House is located in a section of a gas station. While the location may not transport you beyond Hermantown, the food will take you to Japan, for sure. Excellent.

1  Thank finnbee
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I went here with my friend and she forced my to try sushi!! It was fabulous!!! Don't let the gas station fool you!!

1  Thank Hockeyjunkie3
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great food and patient service explaining the menu to a sushi novice like myself. Hooked after the first bite.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I haven't been a big fan of sushi until I went here. I absolutely love the people who work here. Service is great. Food is excellent. I go there at least once a month(Duluth downtown location). I am totally in love.

1  Thank Summer C